Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

1 minute ago, Dan302 said:

I've got the MK1 booked in tomorrow for an inspection of the suspension bushes, ball joints, steering etc as it didn't have it's MOT last month. I'd booked the slot for the wheel bearing on the C-Max but obviously that's not happening now so I thought I'd treat the MK1.

Why not treat it, it seems to have been a good dependable car for you. How many miles has it done now? 

We braved the weather earlier on to have a ride to Wharram Percy, a deserted medieval village in Yorkshire. Here's a photo of Henry resting at the picnic site at the former Sledmere Fimber Station on the old Malton to Driffield line. The site of the railway I volunteer at is across the road from the picnic area. 

IMG_20200606_144854.jpg

Now that lockdown restrictions are finally easing hopefully I will be able to do a few more long runs in Henry over the summer, on the list at the moment are (hopefully) a few days in Dover which should have happened in May, a trip to Witley Court, Cheddar Gorge and Framlingham Castle.

3 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

One of the last with a lower chain

I think the thinking is with these that the wet belt will fail at some point hastened by dirty oil or leaking injectors whereas the chain will not be as badly affected. Initially when they brought the 1.0 Ecoboost out Ford reckoned it was to last the life of the car but then lately backtracked and said it’s an 150k job. 

As far as I know the chains go on pretty much forever, AIUI the main thing with the wet belts was that a lot of garages didn't realise they had changed to a wet belt so when cars were in for a cambelt the lower belt wasn't getting changed, which of course meant they then failed.