Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

Yeah I’m hanging on a bit, I’m halfway through some work on the house and a busy time at work. I was going to go with a manual ideally petrol, ideally a 1.6 or a 2.0. The 1.8 is prone to spaffing it’s piston rings which is game over. I’d have a diesel at a push but only the 1.8TD. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

What's the Mk3 like to drive?

It's very nice inside with all the gizmo's and things, but the handling and steering feel isn't quite on par with the MK2, although it does retain the independent rear suspension unlike the latest MK4. The engine is the best bit, goes like the clappers with the 1.6 EcoBoost under the bonnet, and they remap up to 230bhp with only an intercooler added. Makes the N/A units in the Mk2 (especially the 1.6) feel very outdated and pedestrian. Overall it's definitely a step up from the Mk2 in almost every department, bar the handling really. Oh and it's maybe not quite as good looking to some people, although I feel it looks better than at least the MK2 pre-facelift, which is now very dated looking but I do think the MK2 facelift is still very fresh looking.

20 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

It's very nice inside with all the gizmo's and things, but the handling and steering feel isn't quite on par with the MK2, although it does retain the independent rear suspension unlike the latest MK4. The engine is the best bit, goes like the clappers with the 1.6 EcoBoost under the bonnet, and they remap up to 230bhp with only an intercooler added. Makes the N/A units in the Mk2 (especially the 1.6) feel very outdated and pedestrian. Overall it's definitely a step up from the Mk2 in almost every department, bar the handling really. Oh and it's maybe not quite as good looking to some people, although I feel it looks better than at least the MK2 pre-facelift, which is now very dated looking but I do think the MK2 facelift is still very fresh looking.

Sounds nice I hope you enjoy it