Garages near coalville Leicester rover ,45

Jewel25

My Rover 45 1.8 saloon is currently off road due to a number of issues that need to be fixed in order to make it road worthy again. I have owned the car for 9 years and I am reluctant to scrap/sell it on given the overall external condition of the car.

The repairs that need carrying out are:

CV gaitor

Welding to both front jacking points

Welding to rear sill behind sill cover (one side)

Failure of brake system -- suspected failed front caliper

Front disc and pad replacement

Replacement of rear tyres (Avon ZV7)

Replacement rear discs ( I can supply new pagid ones)

Needs an MOT too .

I also have a clutch slave cylinder that needs fitting . The current slave is in working order , but has been secured with steel ties due to the the plastic fracturing prior to lubrication of seizing clutch arm and fitting of new clutch. I have a new LUK slave and master ( if required ) that can be fitted.

The car is located 2 minutes from j22 M1. It would need collecting.

The car is not in daily use , so I am not too concerned with timescale if that helps with cost. Any recommendations?

I'm about 5 minutes from M1 J22.

My recommendation would be either Crossroads Garage in Ellistown which have always been sound for me, or there's KRB - I've used the one in Ibstock behind BP near the Co-Op, but there's also a branch at Flying Horse BP.
There is a garage on the other side of the road to Flying Horse, up towards Copt Oak but I've never used them. Always a bit of rammel parked around though, someone who works there used to run a Cinq with loads of different coloured panels.

When I use to live with my Dad in Measham, I used a local Mobile Mechanic called Dave Wilkinson. He still working and he always seams fair on his prices and didn't mind me supplying parts either if I had them.

Last time I spoke to him he been helping a few people restore Classic Tractors and had brought one of his own. Sure he can do welding too, not that I want to try and take work of Al Bundy mind. Can PM you his number if it of use.

When I use to live with my Dad in Measham, I used a local Mobile Mechanic called Dave Wilkinson. He still working and he always seams fair on his prices and didn't mind me supplying parts either if I had them.

Last time I spoke to him he been helping a few people restore Classic Tractors and had brought one of his own. Sure he can do welding too, not that I want to try and take work of Al Bundy mind. Can PM you his number if it of use.

Can do if you want. I have a lot of parts that need fitting before it needs stitching up. Nothing too much for a mobile mechanic I suppose. I need to diagnose the break failure first .