My first collection thread - lemon has landed :)

Flat4

Well considering I'd already posted I'd been a twat and bought another broken Legacy that I don't even need when I haven't yet fixed the current broken Legacy, there's not much of a surprise! Still a bit excited tho ;)

This is probably the most local car I've ever bought so this could be a very boring thread....We'll see ;)

After much spitting of dummies (and potentially valid concerns over whether the bolts supplied for the missing tensioner were the correct ones) we decided to wing it as we were only taking it half an hour along the road to get said tensioner fixed by tame Scooby mechanic. Cue me driving yet another Subaru with no aux belt, no power steering and no charge going to the battery, resulting in a lovely array of disco lights....

post-21170-0-33067700-1547308434_thumb.jpg

Amazingly, YES! Battery lasted a full 30-40 minutes and even had enough juice left to restart the engine. Good advert for Yuasa! Now safely deposited with tame mechanic to sort said tensioner and give it the once over, before I start buying shiney bits for it, altho it already has some shiney bits of it own - 

post-21170-0-26643100-1547309219_thumb.jpg

post-21170-0-74055700-1547309374_thumb.jpg

post-21170-0-24020000-1547309265_thumb.jpg

post-21170-0-45997600-1547309161_thumb.jpg

Misbehaving Legacy also made it - the white one in the back ground :)

post-21170-0-02153300-1547309140_thumb.jpg

That looks canny!

Double of L1s by the look of it. Bet it's not as fast though.

Might be showing myself up here but what does double L1s mean? It's slower on paper than my twin turbo but in reality today it was actually faster. Certainly no shortage of power and torque but it has an unfair advantage as the twin has a boost leak atm :(

That looks lovely, look forward to it coming to Scotoshite!

Not sure if it will be ready in time for this month but I am going to try to get back this month, in something, what ever is running and legal at the time!  :-)

Snap! Looks good, fancy swapping passenger wings ;)

Hell no! Haven't had a car in such cosmetically good condition for years! Such things don't normally both me as long the mechanics are sound but it's rather nice :) Is yours the same colour then?

EDIT - just watched the video, it's almost identical! Even the sun roof, but I have a different interior. Is there a switch to unfold the mirrors or are they manual on this?

I am pissing myself at this thread or in particular the amount of peeps that think flat 4 is a bloke, do not assume anything, okay she might not be girly as in painted nails and makeup but she is most definitely a girl, albeit a total tattooed petrolhead

cheers for the laugh, it was me trying to nurse the twinny with a boost leak and have plenty of spares 

Might be showing myself up here but what does double L1s mean? It's slower on paper than my twin turbo but in reality today it was actually faster. Certainly no shortage of power and torque but it has an unfair advantage as the twin has a boost leak atm :(

Not sure if it will be ready in time for this month but I am going to try to get back this month, in something, what ever is running and legal at the time!  :-)

i know how bloody fast it was, i was trying to keep up with you driving the slightly goosed twin turbo, convinced you have lead in your boots

I am pissing myself at this thread or in particular the amount of peeps that think flat 4 is a bloke, do not assume anything, okay she might not be girly as in painted nails and makeup but she is most definitely a girl, albeit a total tattooed petrolhead

I don't think it matters much if you're got a HOO-HAH or a POINTER on here man. It was a quality collection and we salute the endevour. Not the gender.

• 2 weeks later...

Just phoned my mechanic who is fixing the pulley to see what the verdict was once he'd put it up on ramps for a good once over. It's rotten :( There are holes in one front sill near the inner wing and the other side isn't far behind it. Exhaust isn't in great shape either but both it and the suspect shock on the rear passenger side will pass an MOT, so that's a small plus.

Now waiting to get a quote for the welding to see if it's worth repairing :/ The rest of it is in pretty good shape so it's probably worth saving but depends if it's financially viable. Actually a bit gutted coz I was looking forward to hopefully having it back in time for a full week off work! Not looking likely now....