Discovery 300tdi, 8 days MOT left £300?

Eavb

As title says, 300tdi Disco. Just been used for house moving duties towing stuff (other shite mostly). Now in new house with too many cars so has to go. 

I was planning on selling it to the local Land Rover breaker but, if anyone on here wants it for £300ish then I'd rather do that. 

I'm at work at the moment so will add pics tomorrow. 

It's on around 240k, I've owned it for six months or so and it has been totally reliable. I did the head gasket at 223k when I first bought it as it was just starting to burn through on cylinder 4. 

Reg is S46 NGC but from memory MOT history tells you nothing!

It needs the usual welding to the rear of chassis and the boot floor is just starting to go although not badly. The steering box weeps, it needs rear calipers but there is a new pair included if it sells on here. It has had various bits of welding before I got it, none of which are particularly impressive - just mot bare minimum stuff really. 

It's a nice old bus and I was planning to weld it up and keep it. Unfortunately I have been told that there are already too many vehicular projects on the go (Transit, Phoenix, two minis, Berlingo etc) so this one gets the chop. .

It would need to be collected by next Thursday as it has to live on the public highway, I have it insured until then and I'll be cancelling the tax sometime after that. 

I appreciate that this is a crap ad for a vehicle with next to no MOT but here goes. 

Oh, by the way, I would possibly swap it for interesting mini related stuff (proper A series minis). 

Cheers

Took a couple of rubbish pictures today, it was pissing down as usual.

Chassis isn't as bad as I remembered, worst bits are the nearside as pictured.

Boot floor could be patched up in the short term.

Offside rear arch is the weakest.

Cheers

tis a bit of a bargain this; the weeping steering box can be fixed with 'neuretane' (or something) seals (white in colour) from a local engineering company- cheap; I did this with mine, and the box I bought off a scrapper which was also a leaker...

I think the boot floor repair panels 'complete' are cheap enough also.

...I sold mine with no test for €650 and Lazy rear brakes, but I did weld up its rear chassis n X-member; bloke that bought mine was a groundworker, n was intending on using it to move a 1.5tonne trailer with an excavator on it; his old 96 Tdi 'met its maker' when its rusty chassis split in two while towing!!...

For 300 quid I’d buy it tomorrow. But it would cost me that in fuel to get it home again.

300tdi will do high-30s mpg, possibly even just about maybe touch 40 if you accelerate gently and limit your top speed to about 55-60mph. Driven like the big, heavy, blunt Land-Rover that it is (and not like a normal car) they are nowhere near as thirsty as some people seem to be able to make them be. I *averaged* 36mpg when I had mine, and that had the A/C running most of the time.

...mine did 43MPG when I first bought it, I calculated, but it was hugely lethargic, n somewhat dangerous; it was mega lazy eg; pulling out of T junctions; my suspicions were the previous owner turned down the fuel screw on the pump for 'mingebaggery' reasons....

... I did some pump mods (as recommended/link to 'how to' threads on here); never averaged below 36mpg; even when towing heavy trailers   - the buyer on the test drive remarked on how 'liveley' it was, but I didn't go mad with the pump mods; a few turns of the star wheel n fuel screw ...

...the disco1's are a rare sight here over (bar the ones that are on 'vintage plates' -n allegedly on old rangerover chassis for 'cheap road tax)...

...the disco1's are a rare sight here over (bar the ones that are on 'vintage plates' -n allegedly on old rangerover chassis for 'cheap road tax)...

The ones that originate with the guy in Co. Tipp are genuine (there's a disco 2 and a 110 crew cab around here complete with build photos, one paid 9k for the td5, the 110 paid 11k)

There is some shocking ones though and ringing kits are regularly on Donedeal for 1k ish. But a genuine one is good value and they are well built from him

300tdi will do high-30s mpg, possibly even just about maybe touch 40 if you accelerate gently and limit your top speed to about 55-60mph. Driven like the big, heavy, blunt Land-Rover that it is (and not like a normal car) they are nowhere near as thirsty as some people seem to be able to make them be. I *averaged* 36mpg when I had mine, and that had the A/C running most of the time.

Only, the disco 3 I have would do 28 getting down there, and around 18 on the way back with it on a trailer haha

The ones that originate with the guy in Co. Tipp are genuine (there's a disco 2 and a 110 crew cab around here complete with build photos, one paid 9k for the td5, the 110 paid 11k)

There is some shocking ones though and ringing kits are regularly on Donedeal for 1k ish. But a genuine one is good value and they are well built from him

I live in South Co.Tipp, and there is a good few 'old reg' one knocking about here; Im not sure what some of these folk do for insurance but I spose they are on a classic policy...

theres a few doing it alright; a chap in Waterford has been doing it years, and was, I was told, locked up for a spell over the ringing/stolen gear in his yard/ n not paying his taxes (lol) - when he got out n he continued where he left off but now buys the chassis etc with V5's from UK, n they end up on ZV plates; he now accounts for n documents every nut, bolt n washer in his yard, all chassis's n body's have paperwork - as the customs inspectors now do bi-monthly 'spot check inspections' of his operation...

Theres another place doing it on the outskirts of limerick; a mate of mine who has a classic car resto business regularly runs into them at the 'blasters' - they allegedly do a 'good job' n the 'new/old disco's are essentially ground up rebuilds...