Collecting this in a fortnight.......

Rocket88

See post on waftage thread.........deal might be scuppered........

Think its owner has belatedly realised just how good it is, but may actually be holding out for more than you offered him.

If you do succeed in bringing it over, I think it would be advisable to put it through the MoT - it may likely need a test if you're going to be re-registering on British plates.

For the C-matic, Fluide-T is available from Chevronics

Let's hope the S1 comes to you; we don't see them on the roads often enough. At the Chevrons Visa celebration in September last, I heard someone remark that the reason why we weren't seeing any S1s on the Saturday (when it looked like rain) was because they rusted quicker than S2s.....

EDIT: just noticed what look like extra mountings in the front wings - possibly for towing mirrors? Or you could use them to stick flags in, for diplomatic purposes.....

Let's hope the S1 comes to you; we don't see them on the roads often enough. At the Chevrons Visa celebration in September last, I heard someone remark that the reason why we weren't seeing any S1s on the Saturday (when it looked like rain) was because they rusted quicker than S2s.....

S2s were in general better rust proofed but made from inferior steel, the last year or two of S1 production was really high and they did have good corrosion protection.

I'd go for a S1 every time if possible, not only was the body steel better but component quality was higher too, in my experience.

It's an ex UK car.....and looks like it may be staying that way.................Mr Fandango is being dicked about by the owner, who said he wants it sold, and now seems to be having second thoughts. I seem to be the kiss of death when it comes to buying stuff...........

I came across a silver S2 GTi Turbo 2 which was for sale in Kildare some years back, but was still carrying British plates. DVLA search suggested it hadn't seen the MoT for several years, so to me that suggested it had been running around in Ireland untaxed (and untroubled by the Garda Siochana). Seller was a Citroën dealer and wanted 6000 Euro - too salty for me. The same car popped up again last year, and looked like it had deteriorated; current owner wanted 8000 Euro. No thanks.