Kiltox’s 2007 Citroen C1!

Kiltox

I could never work out the grumble, wheel bearing was my initial thought, but both rears rotated nicely with no scratchiness and there didn't seem to be any play either. 

I had a look at the rear drums and they were all present and correct. It done it the whole time I owned it as far as I can remember and didn't get any worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump.  This is available for the traditional £750.  Year's MOT.   £20 Road tax.  Grumble problem solved.  Key/lock problem solved.  Reversing sensors fitted.  Serviced.  Proper sale thread tomorrow as I've left my laptop at the office.  Location - Fleet services, M3 motorway, GU51.  Will help with logistics.  Replacing it with a 5 door C1. 

11 hours ago, Alan_Green said:

Bump.  This is available for the traditional £750.  Year's MOT.   £20 Road tax.  Grumble problem solved.  Key/lock problem solved.  Reversing sensors fitted.  Serviced.  Proper sale thread tomorrow as I've left my laptop at the office.  Location - Fleet services, M3 motorway, GU51.  Will help with logistics.  Replacing it with a 5 door C1. 

What was the grumbling noise after all?

Can confirm this was a really good little car. It's the best colour they came in and there's a lot to be said for the basic trim level. Has everything you need and nothing that you don't. You won't get any cheaper running costs and being 90% smol Toyota they're pretty much unburstable. 

Sounds like Alan has improved it too. Can't go wrong really.  

Still can't believe Kiltox binned my fetching black wheel trims though.

31 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Can confirm this was a really good little car. It's the best colour they came in and there's a lot to be said for the basic trim level. Has everything you need and nothing that you don't. You won't get any cheaper running costs and being 90% smol Toyota they're pretty much unburstable. 

Sounds like Alan has improved it too. Can't go wrong really.  

Still can't believe Kiltox binned my fetching black wheel trims though.

I think they’re still cluttering my unit if you can’t live without them :lol: 

3 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

What was the grumbling noise after all?

The backplate was rusty and grumbled against the drum but only on hard corners where the body flexed enough to cause A to rub against B.  It was stripped down and rust removed  and hey Presto, no more rumbling.   Proper sale thread shortly.  Got a hectic few days ahead.