Loserone's HGF VVC

loserone

Meet Tonton tête de bite. He's my brother in law, and obviously uncle to my kids.

Here he is on the front page of the Daily Mail, performing an act which got him the sack from PC World:

article-2045607-0C6E6376000005DC-753_468

No, not him, this one:

post-4015-0-37580400-1547111863_thumb.png

That's right, he was walking past Charlie Gilmour, minding his own business on a day he just happened to have phoned in sick in the West Midlands, and his boss saw his face the next day:

Anyway, as noted in the News 24 thread, he passed his test in France, where he lives, just shy of two years ago, and since then has been running around in a diesel Felicia. He hadn't driven a RHD car until last week, when I insured him on the Leaf so he can go and visit his mother. And he's never driven a manual petrol car. But, he needs to see a couple of mates near Manchester, and heard that I might be offering an all expenses paid day trip for one to Chez Sporty-Shite.

So this morning I dropped him at the station, then came home to start this thread work from home.

To be continued....

Guest TontonTdB

As loserone pointed out, for me this is a day of firsts:

• Driving a petrol car
  • Driving a manual RHD
  • Driving a rear wheel drive
  • Driving a mid-engined vehicle (though my push bike is technically mid-engined)
  • Driving on a British motorway
  • Visiting the Trafford Centre*

*while maybe not relevant, it's still a first

He lives in France, but works in the West Midlands??

I think the move to France was not long after winning the sack race in the West Midlands, so he doesn't work in the West Midlands anymore. Actually that's quite clever in the sense that by moving to France, hopefully that puts some distance between him and being spotted skiving again.....

Guest TontonTdB

I think the move to France was not long after winning the sack race in the West Midlands, so he doesn't work in the West Midlands anymore. Actually that's quite clever in the sense that by moving to France, hopefully that puts some distance between him and being spotted skiving again.....

Well, if you look closely at the gilets jaunes protests...

Guest TontonTdB

WE NEED A ROOF RACE!

(Before it gets dark, please.  Come on, you're wearing your only jumper, surely it can't be that much colder in Greater Manchester than in the Cote D'Azure?

My concerns are based purely around getting it back up again for the drive home

post-4015-0-59071000-1547137257_thumb.jpg

a mission has begun to buy a new battery, and hope that that will solve the problem.  Anyone feeling helpful and near the Traffod Centre going onto standby might be greatly appreciated, I can see me going to sit with the car and await recovery..