Peugeot305IRL

Rusty crusty 305 van

There's a knob (fnaar) on L' Aventura peugeot citroen site for 29 euros without the plate. A bit pricey.

You could try Dean who has shit loads of Pug stuff. Not cheap either. Can't remember what his site is 

called but I have a phone number if you need it. D Spares has broken a couple over the last year or so,

he's the first person I call for spares first, so he might have one.

Yeah i was thinking of buying the knob without the plate and maybe try 3D print the top plate or make a mould and try copy the original. 

Yeah Ive bought a few bits off Dean H but found him expensive and also the parts were extremely poorly packaged.. sometimes just parts thrown into a shitty box with no bubble wrap or tape on the box.  

They introduced a stricter national car test that wiped a heap of chod off the roads, that's why UK stuff is often exported there.

I travelled Ireland extensively nearly 10 years ago and didn't see much of note unless you like Corolla saloons.

So sort of related to this but what's it like in Ireland for unusual stuff surviving there?

I mean is there a site like how many left etc?

BTW it is nice to see what you're doing to it and why.

As was mentioned not a lot of unusual stuff survived due to a couple of scrappage schemes and also the strict vehicle testing (NCT) , every now and again something pops up like a citroen BX van that i'm currently trying to... ahem... aquire. 

That's why I found anyways that a lot more interesting chod has survived in northern Ireland, just its a hassle and sometimes expensive to bring a car from northern Ireland into the south.. tax and customs charges etc. 

Agreed about Dean. Had a couple of bits off him a few years ago. 

One was a £60 heater matrix that was clogged. Haven't used him since.

Try D Spares and Tyres. If anyone has a knob, he has. Fnar, fnaar.

Yeah I keep an eye on his Ebay just incase. My last few purchases off him have put me off. 

Where are D Spares and Tyres based? or have a website?  Google is giving me no result. 

D Spares is on here and lives Ludlow ish.  See his thread For Sale Plug 205/305/ 306.

He's broken a couple of 305's in the last year or so. I'll be heading his way weekend 26/27

this month for a rummage so if there's anything you need let me know and I'll see if he's 

got it.

Yeah I keep an eye on his Ebay just incase. My last few purchases off him have put me off.

Where are D Spares and Tyres based? or have a website? Google is giving me no result.

Here you go, a link to D Spares’s Pug bits thread:

http://autoshite.com/topic/34226-cheap-peugeot-205305306405-parts-also-xantia-citroen-dyane-2cv-c15-ds-id-zx-parts/?p=1715779

Great van, looking forward to seeing the progress!

Small update.

The van is stripped and ready to be blasted. I'm working away from home so i cant go see the van as much as id like. 

In the meantime I found a 4 gear knob cap here in Ireland and bought a re pro knob from the Peugeot museum. I think it looks well! 

KhNuAV6m.jpg

lCVhkVFm.jpg

They introduced a stricter national car test that wiped a heap of chod off the roads, that's why UK stuff is often exported there.

I travelled Ireland extensively nearly 10 years ago and didn't see much of note unless you like Corolla saloons.

also the scrappage schemes were very friendly (4k sometimes) and interest rate was low hence all the new stuff

and the ya cant keep aul chod in yer field annymore happened and so that wiped them out also

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TripleRich
      Hi all, new to the forum.  Thought you might be interested in what I've got myself into
      I'd been after my first classic car for a while.  If it's big and made in the 70s I'm interested.  Looked at few things like P6s, Zodiacs, Victors, SD1s and various other things.  Problem was I didn't want to spend a boatload of money on something that looked alright but underneath was actually a total heap.  The solution was to buy a complete heap in the first place and spend the money fixing it.
      So in January I went ahead and bought this from a colleague at work who was moving away and needed to get shot of it.

It's a part finished restoration (I prefer not started) and it needs a whole load of help if it's going to stand any chance of using a road again.
      Pros
      It's right up my street.  Granada Coupes are quite odd and certainly stand out from the norm.
      It still has the original engine, box, interior and most trim.
      It came with loads of panels I need to repair it (mostly original Ford stock).
      It came with so many spares I could probably build a few Granadas and still have stuff left over.
      It was cheap.
      Cons
      Most of the front end has been cut off.
      Most of the body structure is quite rotten.
      It's going to take me ages.
      I work at a restoration company and my boss kindly allows me to keep the car there.  So I've got access to all the gear I need to restore it.  I've been busy on the car for a while now so will post more pics over the coming days.
      Cheers 
    • By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...

• By robinmasters
      Yes, one of those. You've seen the car before, and I've already used up my best jokes (so I'll repeat them).

An epic journey, including:

- THREE COUNTIES

- THAT LONDON

- TRAINS

- SHANKS' PONY

- And possibly a pastry-encased but disappointing meal