Rusty crusty 305 van

Peugeot305IRL

There's a knob (fnaar) on L' Aventura peugeot citroen site for 29 euros without the plate. A bit pricey.

You could try Dean who has shit loads of Pug stuff. Not cheap either. Can't remember what his site is 

called but I have a phone number if you need it. D Spares has broken a couple over the last year or so,

he's the first person I call for spares first, so he might have one.

Yeah i was thinking of buying the knob without the plate and maybe try 3D print the top plate or make a mould and try copy the original. 

Yeah Ive bought a few bits off Dean H but found him expensive and also the parts were extremely poorly packaged.. sometimes just parts thrown into a shitty box with no bubble wrap or tape on the box.  

So sort of related to this but what's it like in Ireland for unusual stuff surviving there?

I mean is there a site like how many left etc?

BTW it is nice to see what you're doing to it and why.

As was mentioned not a lot of unusual stuff survived due to a couple of scrappage schemes and also the strict vehicle testing (NCT) , every now and again something pops up like a citroen BX van that i'm currently trying to... ahem... aquire. 

That's why I found anyways that a lot more interesting chod has survived in northern Ireland, just its a hassle and sometimes expensive to bring a car from northern Ireland into the south.. tax and customs charges etc. 

Agreed about Dean. Had a couple of bits off him a few years ago. 

One was a £60 heater matrix that was clogged. Haven't used him since.

Try D Spares and Tyres. If anyone has a knob, he has. Fnar, fnaar.

Yeah I keep an eye on his Ebay just incase. My last few purchases off him have put me off. 

Where are D Spares and Tyres based? or have a website?  Google is giving me no result. 

Yeah I keep an eye on his Ebay just incase. My last few purchases off him have put me off.

Where are D Spares and Tyres based? or have a website? Google is giving me no result.

Here you go, a link to D Spares’s Pug bits thread:

http://autoshite.com/topic/34226-cheap-peugeot-205305306405-parts-also-xantia-citroen-dyane-2cv-c15-ds-id-zx-parts/?p=1715779

Great van, looking forward to seeing the progress!

• 1 month later...

They introduced a stricter national car test that wiped a heap of chod off the roads, that's why UK stuff is often exported there.

I travelled Ireland extensively nearly 10 years ago and didn't see much of note unless you like Corolla saloons.

also the scrappage schemes were very friendly (4k sometimes) and interest rate was low hence all the new stuff

and the ya cant keep aul chod in yer field annymore happened and so that wiped them out also

• 6 months later...

Looking good. Still got the chrome strip on the bumper. A bit rare that.

I hope we don't meet as I will be extremely embarrassed parked next to yours.

I take it it's a GLD what with posh rear screen wash and wipe and probably 

carpets and other luxurious extras such as fancy door cards and, erm, other frivolities

of which I have none but I am not jealous. No no no no, yes.