ACA Kings Lynn

95 quid Peugeot

Scott. Tax it ( just in case)

RAc will sub, to relay you, 80 miles at a time. When they eventually turn up.

Can you get it to someone you trust, then come south the same route you went north, leaving them to repatriate ‘ at leisure’?

Cos otherwise you’re in for a long, very boring wait. I gave up, at 18 hrs....

Part of the 'fun' of an auction purchase is attempting to get it back home under its own steam. It means the auction win is only the start and fair dos for trying.

Of the handful of classics I did it with two decided to illuminate up the brake failure light within minutes and another had smoke pour from the dash when we stuck the sat nav in the cigar lighter. Nothing like the gut twisting feeling of anxiety as you get to know whether the honest cash you have just punted is a good or bad bet.

Good luck with the trip home. In a day it will just be another tale to tell.

Dayinsure it with added breakdown, 27 quid for me today, then phone up 20 minutes later? No mention of auction buyage obvs.

The cover is RAC though so you could be waiting fuggin' ages.

Yes it is covered but all the one's i dealt with it was only a ten mile max tow after that £7 a mile.

Yes it is covered but all the one's i dealt with it was only a ten mile max tow after that £7 a mile.

That's useful to know, thanks. I try not to use temp insurance as it's money wasted really,, but Peter James wouldn't insure me on the AS bike Impreza I collected today. Need to sort that properly when I've got more time.

That Punto cabriolet looks like a bit of us! Was it in this sale or a future one?

It was in this sale, but made £2100 before fees were added on, which was a bit much in my mind (although the patterned blue seats were eye popping in the way only car seats from the 90s could be).

Not many bargains went through whilst I was there, but it was still a worthwhile trip, simply to have a look at what was passing through.

Hopefully the 16 issues won't be too painful to sort out, as it did look very nice. Best of luck with it Barrett.

The 504 estate looked rougher in person than the catalogue photos suggested. 4-5k estimate seemed a bit much, but I didn't see it go through. 21,000 'recorded' mileage, although it could have just sat around in a yard for yonks.

post-5013-0-09512500-1548538111_thumb.jpg

Fiat 1800 estate looking a bit forlorn.

post-5013-0-88273100-1548538391_thumb.jpg

I think the Ritmo went for £7,600 or something. Certainly not the 10k top end of its estimate. Had to be pushed in to the ring but it was a stunnah.

post-5013-0-56252400-1548538600_thumb.jpg

The only thing I could realistically afford was a 1989 Renault 5 auto that went for £540.

Ritmo missing the rear spoiler by the looks too. January is not a good month to sell at auction, the bills from the Christmas splurge are arriving, plus the current uncertain financial climate. That 504 looks pretty rough and has probably done at least 121,000