Cavcraft 2021: More Italian slow shite.

Cavcraft

Collection day today, part one achieved, parts two, possibly (but hopefully not) three to go...

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

I only went to look at this and came away with two other things, too.

This...

No photo description available.

...and this...

Image may contain: motorcycle

..which probably is (was) a James with a Villiers 30C 150 engine. The motor actually turns in this, which was a surprise. The remains of the wheels were left there, they'd rotted through so we just cut the tyres and tubes off with a hacksaw and skipped what very little remained of the rims. 

How the hell do you find such things Billy?

I'd have hours of fun stripping these apart to find the good bits to sell on, although if you could find a pair if wheels to get it rolling, and give it a wipe over with an oily rag, the James could make a bit of a "project for someone" (but not me).

14 hours ago, Matty said:

Balls of steel. Are you going to have a do at it or sell bits?

The James might be worth a bash, the Suzuki I'm not sure at the moment. Would like to get engine out and see if it can be unseized, but not sure at the moment.

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

How the hell do you find such things Billy?

I'd have hours of fun stripping these apart to find the good bits to sell on, although if you could find a pair if wheels to get it rolling, and give it a wipe over with an oily rag, the James could make a bit of a "project for someone" (but not me).

All over the place, just scour local adverts on the 'net mostly.  Will be interesting to see if I can find wheels for the James.

5 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

The James might be worth a bash, the Suzuki I'm not sure at the moment. Would like to get engine out and see if it can be unseized, but not sure at the moment.

All over the place, just scour local adverts on the 'net mostly.  Will be interesting to see if I can find wheels for the James.

John peel had a james 150. Just so as you know like?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, SiC said:

What's happening with the Jag? Not heard too many updates since the last with its FTP. 

Oddly enough, I went to start it this morning, and the battery is flat ? Have made a couple of local journeys in it, but nothing much as I've been arsing about doing other things.

So, today:

James went to a new home this morning, a skilled car and bike restorer he says. Nice bloke and must be talented to take that on.  That leave room in the garage for the Chinese electric scooter and money for something else, specifically something that came up on eBay, and was almost another local land mark, literally probably less than 1/4 mile from our house. This, to be exact...

s-l1600.jpg

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

Someone's bought a knife to a gun fight...

Seats don't look too bad, that's all just fluff I think...

Image may contain: car

Engine sounds lovely, and despite the car being 99.9% pink, it seems really solid and drove up and his down drive a treat. Maybe this is why...

Genuine, too.

Talking of which...

Have it a great big bastard jet washing, the amount of shit in the plastic trims was unbelievable, just kept on coming. Then it was a half-arsed bash with the buffer...

IMG_20190831_175102.thumb.jpg.2d198e0df1bfd8484e40d5c012eb587e.jpgIMG_20190831_175108.thumb.jpg.bb2f4b44ffade2b6490daad69920f640.jpgIMG_20190831_175242.thumb.jpg.c6af65ba103f4ef17b2358ff2d087565.jpgIMG_20190831_180939.thumb.jpg.0daf63d277db721a3ecadb32c338d4ba.jpgIMG_20190831_180945.thumb.jpg.f47a8a6fe6207908957da7380be1bc28.jpg

My mate the car valeter turned up briefly and urinated right on my sliced and fried King Edwards, by telling me the bits I'd polished will fade again. Seems I need to do shit loads of buffing, then some other shit and it should come out ok, though not enough to match the bumpers.

Replaced the broken mirror glass, then just fucked off the rest of the buffing until another day.

IMG_20190831_175732.jpg

Getting there now, rain stopped play yesterday...

Image may contain: one or more people, car and outdoor

Which makes it look a bit fancier, but although an improvement is still quite a bit shit. After some more effort. Carefully applying a liberal coat of CBA to check if you can use T-Cut with a buffer, I used T-Cut with a buffer.

Image may contain: one or more people, car and outdoor

Obvs. like there's all those fucking bits you missed/still white after having wiped it off, so I remembered what my old neighbour said and removed it with WD40 on a cloth. It did look shit loads better, but after then washing the car two or three times afterwards, some of the sheen has gone, of course., and there's the odd white-ish bit from the polish. It needs another clean, then I'll try and polish it and wax it, then speak to my M8 as he recommended something to use after the polish to try and sort of keep it from being too dry.

This is where it's at right now. The picture does flatter it tbh, but it's at least better and getting there now...

Smol dog approves...

Image may contain: car and dog

MOT time today, first one for a couple of years I think. One coil spring and two rack boots, getting both springs done as other rear one rusty. Going to see about a cam belt kit too, as unsure when last changed, if ever.

I remember you use to be able to buy a decent cutting paste in a thin round tin from motor factors etc ? My Dad used a whole tin of it on a Red F reg Fiat Fiorino Van about 20 years ago he'd brought. The transformation from pink to red was fantastic ! 

An from my experience of Vauxhall Pink. T-Cut and a polish by hand, which I spent a whole weekend on once with a K reg Corsa B. Last's about 2 weeks. So something like G3 etc with a mop would be my weapon of choice. 

Is that lamgroot P100?