Cavcraft 2021: More Italian slow shite.

Cavcraft

IF you get a cb250rs, the xl500 lump is a fairly straight forward swap.....

DONT get a FT500 lump...chocolate cams and the leccy foot is shite..

also Im after summat diesel..not too low to the ground and cheap!!!  possibly badermatic too..

may do a deal with my 2002 scenic 1600 auto facelift mk1, 128k ive spent over a grand on it (in true AS fashion) but am after summat with better mpg - this thing averages 21!!!

Lambretta taken to garage, noticed the new carb to airbox pipe was sucking in, making it a bastard to start. Seems I'd got one for a GP which don't have a little breather at the bottom, so will order one.

Image may contain: motorcycle

On the way home (the long route, avoiding VOSA) I picked up another awful rev and go, this time a 125...

s-l1600.jpg

20 hours ago, wuvvum said:

What are the plans for that lovely* Clio?

To fuck it off as soon as possible as have a couple more cars due in. I cleaned it today, it still looks grim just clean grim not dirty grim.  Also, now the battery is charged it starts up first crack and sounds great. Heater not working though, glovebox out £10 part effort by the looks of it.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:08 PM, wuvvum said:

That Peugeot looks like a clone of those generic Chinese 50cc scooters you used to get on the youth mobility projects a few years back.

That's exactly what the V-Clic was - a Chinese domestic market product (also sold here as Sinnis, Lexmoto, Pulse etc.) with a Peugeot badge slapped on. Best avoided, but still not as bad as many of the two-wheeled turds curled out by Peugeot.

That Direct Bkes thing looks to be a straight up copy of the Daelim NS125 I used to knock about on back in my CBT days!

• 2 weeks later...

Right, another day of e-magnet fishing and we have two new (un)stable M8s:

This is (obvs) shitting awful and was partially put back together with the air screw missing...

IMG_20191111_110854.thumb.jpg.5bb8fea0833b9f83fb709cc3a8c649ed.jpg

IMG_20191111_110859.thumb.jpg.cdce2a95a0ae4bb295ccad19887cadd8.jpg

And this was dumped in his hedge, will I secure a drink on the £10 spent buying it,?

IMG_20191111_124946.thumb.jpg.a4a50fcd2d90e3e761e263d96339bc0c.jpg

IMG_20191111_125102.thumb.jpg.0395b8479931357b8527eaf453d9c9c8.jpg

He had two or three other bikes, but I ran away before I bought something else.

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

IMG_20191111_110859.thumb.jpg.cdce2a95a0ae4bb295ccad19887cadd8.jpg

And this was dumped in his hedge, will I secure a drink on the £10 spent buying it,?

Dude, if they were the things you bought I'd like to see the standard of the steeds you rejected!

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

This is (obvs) shitting awful and was partially put back together with the air screw missing...

Yes  

Chop the engine & back wheel out and somewhere between £30 and £50 should be yours - other bits a few quid a piece and the rest weigh in next time you have something going to the bridge.

Honda will be future cla$$ic and worth squirrelling away for a few summers. In fact Id wager many 80's & 90's Honda 125's will be worth some reasonable coin in another few years as the classic market moves on and nostalgia kicks in.

What else did he have? Any Tomos peds?

20 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

Divvy running or equally as poo as the Pug there?

I think the top end of the engine was in bits, M8. Seem to recall he said something about £600, clearly that wasn't going to happen.

This afternoon something else happened:

IMG_20191112_154221.thumb.jpg.09114bb3863a6a32a5a7ef0629ecfcd2.jpg

@strangeangel nothing gets rejected here!

48 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Not with the top end in bits - £700 gets you a running MOT'd dog divvy for winter hoonage.

Definitely, but he's a nice bloke and the price would probably drop.

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Is it physically possible to hoon on a Diversion?

Nope, the 900 is good to cruise around on but hoon? nope, the 600's are tragically shite, but that's only my opinion, I'm sure someone will come along and say you can have fun on any bike, which is true to a degree.

2 hours ago, Jazoli said:

I'm sure someone will come along and say you can have fun on any bike, which is true to a degree.

That would be my cue! You can hoon on a 125, I had some great rides on that garden find Aprilia Habana, wringing the last drop out of its 12 horses while trying to keep the potty little 12" wheels on the tarmac. Going round a corner on that at 50 felt like about 140 ?

Someone came to view the XJS yesterday. At 8.45pm.  

Got the Dig(n)ita(s) 'ped out of the car today and it repaid me by pissing fuel everywhere, i.e the carpet. It then refused to go off the kick start, so jumped it and it started up ok. Bogs down a bit when warm,  probably only fuel or plug.

3 hours ago, Jazoli said:

Nope, the 900 is good to cruise around on but hoon? nope, the 600's are tragically shite, but that's only my opinion, I'm sure someone will come along and say you can have fun on any bike, which is true to a degree.

I took my 900 on a trackday at Cadwell, having had my Fireblade breakdown a few days before. I still managed to overtake far, far better bikes through Charlie's, The Gooseneck through to Mansfield and through Barns. I was overtaken on the long straight into Charlie's, but that I put down to an out of balance front wheel that made the front end feel like a jackhammer as soon as it indicated 106 mph. Soon got passed them again through the bends.

Great fun doing trackday on unsuitable bikes.

I think its possible to hoon on most things if the conditions are right.

The Nighthawk has some electrical maladies and is currently driving me a bit bonkers. May try it with a new battery to see if that helps things. Currently looking for something I can just leave outside over winter and jump on as and when needed but eBay and Gumtree seem to be full of people not really into selling their bikes.

Me "Have you got any recent photos of the bike, and can you tell me what condition the chain / sprockets and tyres are like please?"

Them: "No photos, bike runs mint M8"

Me: OK but how are the tyres? What sort of tread depth / age and same again with the chain please?

Them (after 3 days) Bike mint m8 u wont find betta