Cavcraft 2021: More Italian slow shite.

Cavcraft

8 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

yes...a very mouldy one at that...

Pioneer I think..although there are several similar ones

I've not seen one of those horrors for a very long time - all the ones I did see were branded Jinlun. If I were you Billy, I'd take that and throw it back in the canal where you found it 🤣

It does remind me of when I was having lessons prior to my bike test. I was riding a Daelim scooter at the time but doing the geared test, so I was on one of the school's Suzuki EN125s. One lad turned up on one of those two-wheeled tart's boudoirs, replete with tassled leather panniers, and insisted on riding that. He soon came unstuck when we had to do the bit where you start at one kerb and do a U-turn without touching the kerb on the other side. No way could he do this successfully, in fact he fully mounted the pavement each time. The instructor was pissing himself laughing; laddo got all defensive and challenged him to do better. He did, but only just. I had a go and failed, full lock was non-existent. It must have been useless to ride in traffic... I suspect it was just useless full stop.

On the second day he complained of not being able to change gear. Mr. Instructor takes one look at the heap and says

"Right. Well I know why you can't change gear... anyone else?"

Silence. Then I piped up: "Is it because the drive chain is red rusty and dragging in the road?"

Then everyone else got bollocked 🤣 "Where did you lot do your f***ing CBTs? Not one of you knows about chain adjustment, except him (gestures at me). And I wouldn't mind, but he's the only one of you that doesn't need to know - he's got a f***ing rubber band". Mr. Instructor produces a Leatherman type thing from his pocket, and adjusts the shagged out old chain as best he can.

When I arrived for the final day's instruction matey was sitting on an EN125 like everyone else.

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I shudder to think what that's like to ride with a Chinese knock-off 125 engine lugging around all that pig-iron.  I suppose if you enjoy being burned off by Tomoses in the traffic light GP it might be fun.

Pig-iron my arse. Thats monkey metal at best. And 6 months old.

If we're talking rusty Chinese wankbollocks, here's a lovely Sinnis that is currently in the back garden of my mate's place in North Wales. The yoof who owned it was riding past and it broke down (surprise, surprise) and as my mate lives in the middle of nowhere he let him leave the bike there while he got a lift home. This was about two months ago... oddly enough, he's never been back for it. Can't imagine why.

shite1.jpg

shite2.jpg

shite3.jpg

shite4.jpg

15 hours ago, strangeangel said:

If we're talking rusty Chinese wankbollocks, here's a lovely Sinnis that is currently in the back garden of my mate's place in North Wales. The yoof who owned it was riding past and it broke down (surprise, surprise) and as my mate lives in the middle of nowhere he let him leave the bike there while he got a lift home. This was about two months ago... oddly enough, he's never been back for it. Can't imagine why.

shite1.jpg

If that had been in my garden for 2 months it would be a small pile of spares on eBay by now

16 hours ago, strangeangel said:

shite1.jpg

shite2.jpg

shite3.jpg

shite4.jpg

My nephew had one for a few months doing deliveries for a curry house. Was possibly the most overbraked 125 I have ever seen. Twin front discs on a bike that would barely reach 55 mph.

On 1/30/2021 at 3:59 PM, LostnotFound said:

Did it come with the standard aftermarket upgrade of a claw hammer under the seat?

It's a shame I'd be paranoid just riding that anywhere south of the watford gap because they have always come across as the ideal extra urban commuter. What are they like on the motorway in crap weather? I'm sure it's just my own inbuilt scooter phobia that makes me presume they'd feel a tad shifty.

I commuted 120 miles a day into and out of London for 25 years on bikes ranging from 12 bhp twist 'n go scooters to 200 bhp superbikes. 

I was looking for a new commuter when I saw Strangeangel had a Piaggio 400 maxi scooter for sale, so I bought it. Best. Commuter. Ever.

110 miles of my daily commute was on motorways and dual carriageways. No matter how hard the rain, as long as I kept moving, I stayed dry. All the stuff I carried kept dry stored under the seat or in the top box. 80mpg acheived at a cruising speed of 70mph, dropping dramatically if ridden at (an indicated) 100mph.

I fitted a bigger screen and heated grips just for the first winter.

I did 20,000 odd miles on it before I retired, and sold it on to a colleague the day I packed work in. Only issue I had was when the rear wheel/silencer bracket lost its top mounting bolt and took out the rear wheel bearing. Repair using new parts was £100

There are loads of maxi scooters here in Spain, and some of them are ridden really hard, which is scary following a hard ridden one into a roundabout!

It's (another) Lexmoto and probably generic. It's been off the road a few years, was shoved into the lady's garage when it packed up as her daughter rode it and not touched since.

Had a quick look at it today, bought a new plug and before actually fitting it, I checked for a spark. Kick and electric start produced nothing, so pulled the plug cap off and tried the plug directly into the HT lead. That didn't seem to do anything, so I screwed the plug cap back on as tight as possible and thought I'd try again before ordering a new lead and maybe a coil. One last try and this time I felt a bit of a pulse through the plug lead as I was holding the plug against the engine whilst turning it over to see if a spark was visible.

Anyhow, lobbed the new plug in, used the boost pack and the bloody thing started and died again! Happy days, bit of arsing about working out which was choke on/off (ditto fuel tap) and it ran again. Took a few goes of running/dying, then twigged the choke 'on' position wouldn't stay in place unless held. A couple of minutes of letting it tick-over with gentle revs now and then and it's running like a good one. There was a weird sort of metallic noise at higher revs which was a bit alarming, until I just kept my foot on the left hand foot peg and thee noise went. It's only the bloody peg or peg hanger that's loose, not an engine noise! It starts on the button with the boost pack, despite running for aa few minutes the battery didn't seem good enough to hold charge, but it's got a kick start and that works.  Spare battery on charge, hopefully it' not a duffer, but a new one won't break the bank. Happy days!

Front brake sticks, chain a bit rusty thought might clean up, rev counter doesn't work and the swinging arm needs a good rubbing down and a lick of paint.     

5 minutes ago, Mally said:

How much were you offering?

Hell no I don't want it! I toyed with the idea of a Chinese bike a few years back, as a friend was using some sort of Hyosung for long distance trials and to put on the back of his camper so he could pop down the shops. He liked it short term but the thing was appalling. After about 2 years it was only good for scrap.

All I ever hear is the horror stories of not being able to buy parts for them as they keep changing items and how bad the quality of everything on them is. I'm not surprised though to be honest.

I was just intrigued. Maybe Cav knows what ones are the ones worth buying, or just likes the challenge?  I don't know anyone who willingly buys so many of these, especially after they have owned one. I imagine there is a couple of hundred pound to be made per time at least if you flip them.