Cavcraft 2021: More Italian slow shite.

Cavcraft

Even though my mate was there to help, getting it out of the van was a bit of a bastard. Unwound the winch cable enough to get it so the front wheel was sitting on the top of the ramp (obvs. had to push bike to that spot) then the bastard cable got caught up in the side of the winch, slipping over the spool. Push bike backwards couple of inches, then I had to go on the nearside, hold my hand over the front brake and the pair of us gently sort of nudged/released it down.  It's in the garage now, can't see it moving for a while!

On 11/21/2019 at 1:03 PM, Cavcraft said:

Thank you. Do I need to remove the carb to do so, or just literally the top and then rotate said top? 

Yes, that's it - just watch the spring when you're unscrewing the top though! Then just rotate the slide (part 7 on this):

honda-cm125c-custom-1982-c-germanykph-ca

and see if it goes down any further than it did originally. I didn't think it was this because of the movement in the throttle cable, but it's certainly a no brainer to check.

Nice broken Goldwing BTW! That might* keep you out of trouble these long winter nights ;) 

Thanks, I had a shufty before and unscrewed the whole bloody thing, almost to the point of the spring going sproing ? I gave up after that, as stressing a bit over stupid things that don't need stressing about. Went out to buy some M8 twizzly bar stuff, came home and someone turned up and bought the CM, problem solved!

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated as ever. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:03 PM, Cavcraft said:

Thank you. Do I need to remove the carb to do so, or just literally the top and then rotate said top? 

Hi, you don't need to remove the carb, removing the tank helps with access though.

Unscrew the carb top and lift the slide fractionally till it will rotate then continue to rotate until it drops.

If the slide is 180 out the idle stop and carb stop appatures get mixed up resulting in the slide being held at nearly WOT.

Goldwing sounds sweet. They are great bikes for long distance motorway rides, but a bit of hard work through the twisties, but can be hustled all the same.

For what it's worth, any ramp should be secured when loading. I stopped doing so as I had loaded and unloaded my bikes dozens of times. Until one day, when it all goes wrong...

20190609_130012.jpg

20190609_125113.jpg

Luckily the local scrap collector came around about 20 minutes later and helped to push it into the van. Much fun was had!

1 hour ago, strangeangel said:

It lives! Nice one. Is is getting punted straight on, or are you going to experience life aboard the whale for a bit?

Probably just going to sell it, tbh.  

This has been on the (slow) burner since yesterday morning. Took most of the day to reach the vendor, couldn't actually view in until today. Had rejected another one last night, glad I did tbh as much prefer this. Two owners from new (effectively one, though) with a reasonable amount of history and old MOT's, etc. 

It's really giffer-ish, which was a large part of the appeal, tbh. Kick start lever u/s, hoping the shaft is ok. No fuel so went out to get some, then had to bump start it down an icy road which was fun. The top box is horrifically rattly and annoying, the screen is fantastic. Very old style log book, so owner going to check with DVLA it's still ok to post off to them.

IMG_20191201_105101.thumb.jpg.ba6faa86b4e5d52afec6388b42995f18.jpg

20 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Very old style log book, so owner going to check with DVLA it's still ok to post off to them.

unless its a Buff logbook/VE60

then any V5 should be fine AFAIK, (I just checked the 1985 V5 I have for REV and that has an 11 digit reference number on it just like modern V5s do)

so I imagine as long as its the latest V5 for it then you should be able to do a keeper change no problem with its 11 digit number or what have you :)

2 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Cheers, I did try the 111 digit number on DVLA but it just fucked it right off, sadly.

then it might not be the latest V5 for that motorcycle,

whats the date last V5 issued on the DVLA checker? it should match the date below the 11 digit number on the V5

I know @OliD-E was able to do a keeper change on TPE376S no problem with its 1994 V5 and number since that was the latest V5 issued until that point :) 

you could always just try again, tis the DVLA after all, might need a couple kicks in the ol bollocks :) 

11 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

How do I find when last V5 issued, please? Obvs. it's on the V5, but is there an on-line thing to check?

twas recently added to the DVLA checker a few days ago

(well it was there before hand, but before the update you could only see it with the 11 digit number now anyone can see when the last V5 was issued for any given reg number, which has been very handy for my invalid vehicle research as I discussed  in my thread a page or 2 back :)  https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-invacar-model-70-acquired-and-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-phase-2-finding-a-suitable-driving-schoolinstructor-getting-lessons-and-a-licence-12th-lesson-had/?do=findComment&comment=1916695 )

image.thumb.png.67c19f7c5c395972b6ecc2cf1ec53f09.png

It's proved that another V5 has been issued since, hence it won't let me change keeper or tax on line. I'm hoping they can just send the old one off to DVLA though for the change of keeper, as the newer V5 would have been same person anyhow.

26 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

It's proved that another V5 has been issued since, hence it won't let me change keeper or tax on line. I'm hoping they can just send the old one off to DVLA though for the change of keeper, as the newer V5 would have been same person anyhow.

ah figured such but was just checking :) 

well if you make him aware that its not the latest V5 maybe he can go have another rummage around and see if he can find that newer V5!

but yeah hopefully you can do something with the old V5,  and if all else fails there's always the good ol (if not a bit lengthy in time!) V62 :) 

• 2 weeks later...

New day, more shite

IMG_20191211_133047.thumb.jpg.2e9fcd8c916c5f9add338aee1ec279b8.jpg

IMG_20191211_133011.thumb.jpg.5d5402cf773f17b1c43fff7f7b6e82d8.jpg

The back light lens is "a plastic milk bottle than I cut down and coloured in with a felt pen", an indicator lens is AWOL and the speedo doesn't work because TADTS.

Gilera gone, replaced with...

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

On the way home, I collected the Lambretta from the workshop where it's had the funky new (second hand) exhaust fitted...

Image may contain: outdoor

(Video clip next post)

Decided I might as well insure (£75!) the BMW and tax it, this has repaid me by having a flat battery. Obvs. like merely undoing the seat to find it under there or pulling off a side panel with your hands would be far too easy, the fucking thing is about 11 foot under the petrol tank, or something. Trying to bump start it solo was a ridiculous idea, so shoved it back in the garage for another day. No log book for the Vespa either yet, so can't go for a spin.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Cavcraft said:

This has been on the (slow) burner since yesterday morning. Took most of the day to reach the vendor, couldn't actually view in until today. Had rejected another one last night, glad I did tbh as much prefer this. Two owners from new (effectively one, though) with a reasonable amount of history and old MOT's, etc. 

It's really giffer-ish, which was a large part of the appeal, tbh. Kick start lever u/s, hoping the shaft is ok. No fuel so went out to get some, then had to bump start it down an icy road which was fun. The top box is horrifically rattly and annoying, the screen is fantastic. Very old style log book, so owner going to check with DVLA it's still ok to post off to them.

IMG_20191201_105101.thumb.jpg.ba6faa86b4e5d52afec6388b42995f18.jpg

Nice! Bet that mainsail, sorry, screen is exciting* on windy days. Extra giffer points for mounting the top box sideways too. 125 or 200?