Cavcraft 2021: More Italian slow shite.

Cavcraft

3 minutes ago, Iamgroot said:

Thanks, captain, that'd be pretty good I reckon. Never heard of the place he/she is at, take it it's south Wales somewhere? 

This has sort of happened. Was weighing some up on eBay, but not a fan of the 'bobber' type bikes. Anyhow, dropped the scooter off at the bike place and as it was being tested I had a look round the sales section and saw this.  A mate of mine knows the owner so we had a chat yesterday and it was all sorted and tested for me and they delivered it earlier...

IMG_20190919_174736.thumb.jpg.567e99630301768ee1d5c968045411df.jpg

IMG_20190919_175148.thumb.jpg.9b38b206fe093b7b853b279303c30a56.jpg

It's all legit (or will be when it's been taxed, hopefully tomorrow) so it's maiden voyage is going to be interesting.

14 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

Oooooo! Looks nice, petrol/ diesel? Air cooled\ wet fecker?

Some sort of 1.9 water cooled diesel thing, sir.

Right, chopper now legit (had to go to P.O to tax it) so gave it a maiden voyage. Apart from the fact it kept trying to stall (and did on a few occasions) and the way it corners (or nearly doesn't) it was an ace laugh. As all of us with big choppers know though, the longer it is the harder it becomes to move around.

Right, today:

asnevalcgetc.thumb.jpg.6c28ead04e1b4af989cf910e231977a5.jpg

Which is maybe 85% of a 1986 CG125, possibly 65% (supposed to be 95%)of a 1989 Neval 650 (solo) and a wheel from a Greaves scrambler, I think.

More in/out to follow.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:20 PM, Cavcraft said:

and a wheel from a Greaves scrambler, I think.

for what its worth the paint on the bits of metal still attached to the wheel seem to match this Invacar Mk10 factory Prototype Model from Bert Greeves personal archives as as well as this picture of an actual Invacar Mk10 from the same archives :) 

image.png

26466725798_f3315238d7_o.jpg

Bloody wish it was £50, it's a smidge under 6 times that :(

The Suzuki has come out in sympathy and started making a sort of clacking sound from the n/s/f when in reverse gear (manual box). 

On 9/22/2019 at 7:20 PM, Cavcraft said:

Right, today:

asnevalcgetc.thumb.jpg.6c28ead04e1b4af989cf910e231977a5.jpg

Which is maybe 85% of a 1986 CG125, possibly 65% (supposed to be 95%)of a 1989 Neval 650 (solo) and a wheel from a Greaves scrambler, I think.

More in/out to follow.

Purchase of the year, I reckon! Was someone trying to make a worldbeating* custom out of all those bits??

His garage was ram full of all kinds of old crap, as was outside. There was some sort of modern 'ped in there, he's supposed to be letting me what's happening with that.

Basically tank, engine (unknown condition) gearbox and starter motor (same), frame with plate and V5, fork legs and a box of bits. It's probably best for spares or someone with hitherto unknown levels of insanity to make some sort of custom out of.

Local trader coming to view tomorrow, I think he deals in the erm 'interesting' stuff like this.