Cavcraft 2021: More Italian slow shite.

Cavcraft

Is sir selling the KaK then?

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Do you still hate Kas *quite* as much as before, given that this one is likely to turn you a little profit?

I don't think I'll ever like them.

I don't think there's a fiesta that shape that isn't mouldy, full of Monster cans, dented and unlikely to see another MoT.

For a while they were the drug chariot of choice where I used to live. You'd see them with a couple of 18 year olds on board around the estates for a few nights, then you'd see the helicopter out, the next night you'd see the same lads in a different Fiesta.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is too modern I'll move to the relevant section. So, a bit more the ML...

merc ml2.jpg

It was £500 with a private plate that's probably worth a couple of hundred, maybe more on a good day. Loads of MOT, fair bit of history, posh (but nice) previous owner. It had an unknown transmission fault which he was told was £1,000 before they'd looked at it, or something like that. Local garage diagnosed the propshaft centre bearing, £180 with the vodka and tonic, and we're off again.

mercml.jpg

Not entirely problem free, the cruise control stalk flops about like a dick in a bucket and doesn't work, the heated seats don't work, can't figure out how to play DVDs through the headrest monitors, two tyres are about on the limit and the brake pad warning light flickers.

Two pretty good part worns fitted Friday...

51276828_1993503274278952_73528661654393

Where it was pointed out the rear pads need replacing. They're not too expensive on eBay, so will order some asap.

It's not quite as bad as I initially though on juice, £20 sees 5x12 mile (there and back) commutes and a little extra. If you welly it though it does seem pretty heavy. A guestimate is an average of maybe 22 with mixed driving.

Find big cars a bit odd for a while, they seems a bit sort of 'tippy over' feeling on corners when not used to them, probs the power steering as had a few Mercs like this. Anyhow, it's GR8 to drive to be fair, especially as I'm getting used to it now and that horrible noise from the prop bearing has gone. The driving position is nice and it's very easy to whang round in. Doesn't start noticeably being quick until you welly it, which at the right moment can be seriously fast. 

Hoping to try and sort the heated seats and other quirks out, it's not an every day use car for weeks on end, but makes a nice change from the other motors because i's such a pleasant place to be.

Sounds like the ML isn't turning out too bad, none of that sounds too hard to sort.

can't figure out how to play DVDs through the headrest monitors

SCRAP IT M8

One thought, if the brake warning light is flickering but not staying on, does it need more fluid? Most cars use the same light for pads and fluid.

Sounds like the ML isn't turning out too bad, none of that sounds too hard to sort.

SCRAP IT M8

One thought, if the brake warning light is flickering but not staying on, does it need more fluid? Most cars use the same light for pads and fluid.

Winding the calipers back to fit new pads might do the job for you with a bit of luck

SCRAP IT M8

We did check that and it was ok, but thanks for the suggestion.

Previous owner did say they were due and a garage said the pads had a sensor wire, hopefully it’s just that.

Have read somewhere there’s a small screw that holds the cruise control stalk in place and it may have worked it’s way loose. It may not happen, but it’d be good to try and sort the small niggles out. The wheel arches are going a bit surface rusty too (who’d have thought it, hey?!) but they should’ve saveable all being well. There’s a few bumper scuffs but it’s a (relatively) old car now so maybe not worth having them done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

54433973_2018211978474748_66930003522931

53473729_2018212065141406_85009958480484

54514311_2018212021808077_21290045168492

If anyone is interested, that car is for sale. The vendor says it's a very limited edition model (Google says first 1200 only got that plaque) and when new Nissan held a lottery to see who could buy one. Looks like you can buy those plaques yourself, so no idea if it's a genuine early one or not.

It isn't by any stretch of the imagination cheap (imho) and the figure/s they were told as top end value by a Nissan club seem incredible to be honest. Especially honest and friendly seller though, so maybe it is worth top dollar.

• 3 weeks later...

Where are we up to? Oh aye, this week:

This is (was) truly horrible.

s-l1600.jpg

..and the next (library picture) wasn't too clever. Although it looked ok, there was something about the DMF or starter motor, or both....

$_86.JPG

They have gone to their maker, I think. There's another on the cards, could be fun collecting it but we'll see.

Yes, think that was the problem. The starter just clicked, tried rocking car back/forth in gear, and twatting what I think was the starter/solinoid, but no joy.