For some unfathomable reason.......

Rocket88

No, it's an Austin 12 with a non original engine...............they never fitted a "B" series in a Minor, nor did a Minor have cart spring front suspension , or a separate chassis..........

I just recognised the steering wheel, seat and that the engine looked Minorish.

No idea about the underside bits as the last one I was underneath I was about 8 :-)

Will you be leaving it as is?

Looks like an excellent WBOD you've bagged yourself, cleverly avoiding all those pesky misting-up or icing-up issues.

Well played, whatever it is!

(If it is based on an Austin 12, I'd say it's derived from a mid-30s or earlier 1920s version - since the 1939-1947 version had quite a raked screen and short scuttle compared to your latest chariot.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_12_(1939)

EDIT: this is the 1946 shape Austin 12, as launched in 1939.

post-17915-0-17994900-1546939715_thumb.jpg

Quite a different front end profile from yours!

Earlier 'Gumdrop' version of the 12, with deeper, sloped scuttle and more upright windscreen (albeit with separate frame):

post-17915-0-80707200-1546939845_thumb.jpg

Still doesn't look quite the same, with a different crease line, but overall looks a bit more similar in style than the 1946 model year.

I'm not much of an expert on pre-war stuff, so happy to stand corrected!

Looks like an excellent WBOD you've bagged yourself, cleverly avoiding all those pesky misting-up or icing-up issues.

Well played, whatever it is! (If it is based on an Austin 12, I'd say it's derived from a mid-30s or earlier version - the 1939-1947 version had quite a raked screen and short scuttle compared to your latest chariot.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_12_(1939)

You could be right.............as it's registered as a '46, could be pre-war design sold after the war..........

For now..........standard engine and box, fairly severe roof chop, re-engineered front end, juice brakes, and possibly metal flake paint job...........battle commences next week...........

I know there aint much left but it seems a shame to "hot rod" it...

most cars from this period I see have been hacked about and "hot rodded" no end, and it makes me wonder how many relatively non messed with ones are actually still running around?

most cars from this period I see have been hacked about and "hot rodded" no end, and it makes me wonder how many relatively non messed with ones are actually still running around?

I hear what you say.............but as it's already been converted into a pick up, and [see above] !

After some research....could be a Model A Ford body.............scuttle lines are close...............if so, obv Ford scene tax applies, and its worth gazillions..........

At first glance, to me it looked a bit more Ford than Austin up top - but the best thing about bitsas is that you can accentuate whatever it is Da Kidz want this week...

Zam! It's a Ford! It's an Austin! It's both! It's neither! It's a WINNAHmobile!

(Was it suitably cheap, or is this an object lesson in why we oughtn't mix eBay with the last of the mulled wine and advocaat??)

This from me too.

I'd rather drive a bitsa than yet another hotrod. It's like the pineapple bridge, individual* and different* while actually being the same as the rest.

Still that said it's missing enough bits so...

I’m a bit of an originality fan myself most of the time, but in this case the train has well and truly left the station.

Crack on!