Anyone going to the Volvo record attempt in March?

Lankytim

I'm not sure if anyones mentioned this before, but there's going to be a world record attempt for the most amount of Volvos in convoy on March 31st, 2019 at Bruntingthorpe. Sounds fun so i'm planning on taking my V70 and maybe A framing my 940 behind it too. 

Here's the link, 

www.volvo600.co.uk

Is anyone else planning on going? Could be fun. 

I considered attending. I even joined the facebook group that was planning it. The vast majority of the folk on the group came across as complete wankers so I left the group and forgot about it.

This.

At present the SVM are attempting their own world record for this year, which is for all three founding members to have a 740 on the road, together, at the same time.

Unfortunately two of the three are still fucked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I considered attending. I even joined the facebook group that was planning it. The vast majority of the folk on the group came across as complete wankers so I left the group and forgot about it.

This. I wouldn't describe Volvoists as wankers but they can be a dispiriting bunch.

When I first joined the VOC forum back in 2001 it was full of oldish bearded types with Volvo 240s tinkering about and all very willing to offer cheerful advice and anecdotes. Now when I look at their now defunct profiles it puts their ages as in their late 70s and early 80s so I suspect some have passed on. There’s still a wealth of knowledge in there but it’s nowhere near as friendly and happy as it used to be.

(Apologies for that slightly morbid observation)

Oh no, I know. In the grand scheme of things my 850 is tidy, and I paid a good price for it being a T5, but on there they're all too keen to tell me I overpaid, it's nothing that special, etc. When I had my 740 they wouldn't interact with me at all. Putting up a wanted post on there seems to be equally futile and has little yield...