90's cars with no particular following

egg

In reply to a previous post, I pray that the Corsa never gets a following.  Hateful shitbox.

Doubly annoyed me because Gemma Arterton's younger sister used to park her's in the customer bays at my old work, which made my job harder when I had to deliver a washing machine to a car...

Rusty_Rocket, on 06 Jan 2019 - 9:55 PM, said:

Plenty out there who love their Calibras!  The turbo 4x4 is now making big money and the V6 ones are getting more desirable now.  Most 'redtop' Calibras (and Cavaliers) got ripped apart for their engines in the late 90s/ early 00s :(

This, absolutely!

Me & a mate have several V6 Calibras between us, and prices of early pre-V grille models have risen sharply since the early 2000s. My early V6 has quadrupled in value since I bought it, and I've had randomers knocking on my door wanting to buy it.

In reply to a previous post, I pray that the Corsa never gets a following. Hateful shitbox.

Well that's just tough shit because they do now have a big following, mainly by people in their late 30's to mid 40's who had one as their first car 20 odd years ago.

It's also nearly impossible to find one that either isn't rotten, or is cherished and isn't for sale.

Mine is the slowest thing on the road but is really easy to drive and is as basic as they came.

I think anything that falls into the 'that was my first car' category for 1990s vehicles has a chance of a following.

I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of the Corsa of any age, but if someone somewhere wants to fill a field full of them and spend thousands restoring a 1993 1.2 Merit then I’m happy for them.

I’ve not heard of anyone having the same sentiment about the Vectra B. Even an absolute minter is worth no more than a few hundred quid. Yes they were crap but I’d still sooner find one than something absolutely boring like a Ferrari. Can’t remember seeing a pre facelift one for donkeys. (Goes away now to scour eBay for a 1.6 Envoy...)

Edit... just found some bell end on eBay wanting £3,000 for a 62k Y plater. Heap of shit, it’s £5-600 worth.

Lexus LS400?

I think they're so good that most are still in service, so few think of them as particularly desirable enthusiasts car. W140 have quite a few follower because it is the last hewn from granite Merc amirite? E32 is going straight into classic territory as it is a sharknose BMW. Even the Audi A8 has a bit of a following due to movie connection.

At least the GS300 has a bit of a thing going for it. Being available as JDM import Twin Turbo 2JZ Aristo.

Oh well I guess that makes almost all early Lexuses.

It is weird because going back just a bit and pretty much every single Japanese car will have JDMTYTE tax on it it seems.

The Vauxhall carlton.

While currently owning one and using it daily the only forum devoted to owners is dead and full of tumble weed....there are a few hard core Carlton botherers around of whom I know personally (and am one myself) who I can go to for in depth information. Other than that, no one gives a crap about it. Other than you guys on here of course!

Well that's just tough shit because they do now have a big following, mainly by people in their late 30's to mid 40's who had one as their first car 20 odd years ago.

It's also nearly impossible to find one that either isn't rotten, or is cherished and isn't for sale.

Mine is the slowest thing on the road but is really easy to drive and is as basic as they came.

I think anything that falls into the 'that was my first car' category for 1990s vehicles has a chance of a following.

True that. Though depends on what your first car was. Mine was a MK1 Uno and unfortunately it appears only 2 or 3 have survived !!

To be fair most things were, Capri replacement? I think not. Still waiting for a new decent ford coupe to come along.

They probably won't bring the name back now or even make an equivalent ford coupe because we get the mustang on these shores.