A PT Cruiser is just for Christmas, not for life ALL UR CHROME TAT TO CAVCRAFT PLEASE

clayts450

Time to shift this heap on, and what better way than to roffle it off for peanuts on here.

Roffle list here

Will also consider reasonable offers around £250-300 outright as I hope to have an incoming tomorrow. Needs to be gone before 20/1 ideally as insurance runs out then.

Before extolling the virtues* of this noisy matt black beast, I'd like a spokesperson from the community for which such a heap was intended to give his thoughts on everything:

Yup. 

post-20951-0-75072200-1546789649_thumb.jpg

More photos and even a short film to follow. I bought this from Tom a year ago and it's barely been used - http://autoshite.com/topic/29624-ptsd-cruiser-sold-pending-collection/

Bad bits

•  
  • Very noisy at idle - sounds like a rattling pulley or bearing - noticeable when stopped in traffic. As soon as you open the throttle the rattle goes - doesn't affect the running
  •  
  • Feeble 063 battery which either needs replacing with the official Optimax red top AGM which goes in sideways under the passenger seat (er, £170) or a bodge done where you lift the seat out, remove the battery tray, cut out the clamp and stick a normal 096 battery in upright -  many CRD owners have done this. Basically if you don't run it regularly the 063 battery runs out of puff to crank the engine - alternator charges it fine however sits at 14.2v happily
  •  
  • Missing osf wheel arch liner
  •  
  • Rear view mirror regularly drops off for no reason whatosever, especially in hot weather
  •  
  • Er, it's matt black (originally silver) and has blacked out rear windows (actually I rather like the latter as it's useful when you're using it as a van)
  •  
  • Pretty much debadged except front and rear Chrysler logos
  •  
  • Had a dent nearside front wheel arch, sorted by Tom before selling to me
  •  
  • Heater isn't especially volcanic which may be due to a stuck thermostat - will chuck in the unfitted but obligatory Renner 5 in line thermo for the top hose
  •  
  • Usual suspension advisories on last MoT - TADTS
  •  
  • Surface rust ahoy underneath - only had a tiny bit of welding on one of the jacking points
  •  
  • I suspect the ac will need a regas (m8) - only tried it once and didn't blow mega cold
  •  

Good bits

•  
  • Bulletproof Merc 2.2 CRD injun with a timing chain, pulls like a train m9
  •  
  • Top spec Limited version
  •  
  • With sunroof (rare), heated leather/suede seats for warm bums, traction control, ABS, great stereo
  •  
  • All the other toys seem to work - only thing I haven't used is cruise control
  •  
  • Only 105000 ish miles - nowt for a 15 yr old diesel
  •  
  • Front discs/pads done at last MoT, rear pads done by me - stops on its nose
  •  
  • Will provide the CB radio it came with, although I yanked it out so may need some fettling to get it plumbed back in if you are so inclined
  •  
  • Highly versatile and can be used as a van - rear seats can come out completely and front passenger seat also folds forward, useful for very long things
  •  
  • Incredibly comfortable
  •  
  • Ticket till Oct, taxed to get ya home
  •  
  • The major weak spot on these CRDs, the clutch, was replaced at huge cost to a previous owner a few years back - invoice included
  •  
  • Original book pack, radio code, various bits of paperwork
  •  

Roffle woffle at a fiver a pop. 

Shitloads more photos to follow next....

If that's the Nottingham that's twice as far away as Cambridge I'll have one random please and hope to meet you in Cambridge if I win.

I don't want to win by the way because diesel engines are meant for boats, but I'm a sucker for scruffy cars and matt black over silver is something you have to experience in real life so you can call yourself a compleat person.