Frozen shite - YOUR cold start Vids..

320touring

I've absolutely no idea what the van's cold start performance is like as I've not had to start it from anything beyond "vaguely chilly" yet...might be time to test it out...

My old TD Xantia was impressive in winter because I was a lazy sod and couldn't be bothered to change the glow plug buried under the fuel pump - used to cover a fair portion of our road in white clag on a really cold morning!

Talbot, I didn't know you could run the CDI on veg...

*Adds to list of shit old mercs to look for*

It's not a CDI.. the boot badge (along with a lot of other things) is wrong. It's an OM606 300td. The CDI will shit it's pants if you put more than about 5% veg in it.

I just leave the 320 badge on it to see who notices. A 320 wasn't even available on "P" plate.

It's not a CDI.. the boot badge (along with a lot of other things) is wrong. It's an OM606 300td. The CDI will shit it's pants if you put more than about 5% veg in it.

I just leave the 320 badge on it to see who notices. A 320 wasn't even available on "P" plate.

Ah, hence my confusion with the om606 in the video titles:)

I fancy one for the s124..

I had one that started like that Every. Single. Morning. Turned out to be a porus fuel heater on the water pump inlet elbow. Bypassed and started properly.

It was much the same when I started it yesterday to shuffle it around to somewhere less in the way. Once I've made it stop spraying diesel everywhere I'll have to monitor the situation.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Here is a twin-cylinder Petter AC2 air-cooled industrial engine that has been turned into a boat engine and which we may install in one of our ‘boatshite’ projects; the ex. Admiralty Cutter.

Sorry about the length of the vid., it really does take this long to get the bastard going on a winter day, what with priming each intake port with a shot of oil and setting the ‘excess fuel’ on the pump rack etc..

Squirrel2

Apologies - but new pants needed……… that is just fucking epic! WOWSERS...……. (off to look for industrial engines right now!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...