Frozen shite - YOUR cold start Vids..

320touring

Just for your viewing pleasure, I went out into the cold frosty evening to fire up the Stellar. I've not yet properly set up the new carb, so it may be a bit quicker to fire once the mixture is spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeRqbhpnF-o

That starts seriously fucking well!

Excellent:)

P.S

Richard, orry, no idea re file issues - unless it's a file type not supported by YouTube or this site?

It just doesn’t show on the SD card in file manager on my laptop. Just the jpeg files. I tried using Sony PlayMemories to copy it to the iPad as well and although it sees the file is there it won’t copy. Hmm. I’ll try again using the iPad tomorrow but then the 2cv won’t have been standing for four weeks. It’s an .avdci file I think.

Possibly the best starting XUD I've ever heard. It started so fast I thought it might be a petrol until the clatter became rather obvious!

I’ve had it as a courtesy car for many years, Lee had it as his daily until he bought a Skoda Octavia cheaply. It’s a great starter and that extra post start whirrr has been around for a long time. In fairness, they all should start well, it’s just that age and neglect affects them. As you can see this is over 150,000 ( and on its original clutch and a p reg).

I like it, but felt its lack of power this morning at the m 3/25 junction when I’d normally power away from 50 ( well in the merc anyway). I neglected to change gear ( fault of an auto driver) and it bogged down and gradually increased speed.

Professionally recorded on shite cam- *Neck injury advance warning!!!

It's been sat sitting for nearly 3 weeks now. Lowest temp was -2, highest 8 and this morning it was 3. Listen for the ice warning gong! Battery had a moan but away she blew!

Here is a twin-cylinder Petter AC2 air-cooled industrial engine that has been turned into a boat engine and which we may install in one of our ‘boatshite’ projects; the ex. Admiralty Cutter.

Sorry about the length of the vid., it really does take this long to get the bastard going on a winter day, what with priming each intake port with a shot of oil and setting the ‘excess fuel’ on the pump rack etc..

Squirrel2

Older the car the more interesting they are to start especially those with carbs. Diesels always the most interesting on cold starts. Unless it's -30C out and then petrols struggle with the drag of the engine oil and gearbox oil.

Our A4 is boring. Once the plugs have heated it starts pretty much instantly. TT battery is tired so it usually weazes into life - occasionally takes two attempts if it's been sitting a while.

Was a warm day but this had been sitting for months unstarted.

[Video]

This was last year when it was +5C.

[Video]

I'm disappointed you have no cold start videos of your Morris!

That’s a fancy Choke where’s your clothes peg ? Brings back memories.