Frozen shite - YOUR cold start Vids..

320touring

Kinda; the battery isn't temperature controlled, so isn't efficient until you've caned it a bit to get the temperature up.

And of course, because mine is a shit one, the heater is a three bar fire with a fan, just behind the dashboard. That does kinda hit the range. But when you get in it it's been pre-heating on mains for 20 minutes, so it's already warm

Mmmmmm, SM... it does somehow manage to sound like a Citroen even with the Maserati engine. Want want want.

It is for sale. I can put you in touch with my friend selling tonight. Of course I don’t know how many spare kidneys / children you have to sell, but I think he’s after more than £30k.

It is for sale. I can put you in touch with my friend selling tonight. Of course I don’t know how many spare kidneys / children you have to sell, but I think he’s after more than £30k.

Sigh... £30k and up does seem to be the asking price for a tidy one (and that one does look tidy). I’d need to sell all the other cars and call in a couple of debts and do a lot of saving up first.

Now then.

1966 Morris Minor. Had been parked up in the garage for about 3 months over the bad winter of 2009-2010. I decided to push it outside, fire it up and let it fun for while to circulate the fluids. It was a cold day, but the car wasn't frosted because garage. Was also testing a potential gauge setup.

2002 Smart Fortwo/City Coupe. Again, not a recent video but it had been sitting unused for about 2 weeks through a cold snap.

And because I happen to have an appropriate video to hand, 2003 Ford Focus. This was last year, from memory. The original video was made to demonstrate the heated front windscreen but I've chopped it to spare you the excitement.

ETA: My old 1998 Daewoo Matiz. Wasn't a "cold" start as it was late summer, but the car hadn't been run for almost a year. Miss that car...

I could post one of the oil fired Chrysler Graf Spee, except that 39/40 times, it fails to start at all...

A big thanks to neighbour and friend Oliver, who both gave physical, mental and moral support today, and also Andy of the RAC, who went above and beyond the call of duty in helping to diagnose the fault with this ungrateful bastard of a car.

Now all I have to do is find a home for a not-inconsiderable tank full of diseaseal and eff about with the tank to replace a fooked lift pump...

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk