Triumph Acclaim, Wolseley 1500, Renault 16 for sale. £1500 each

D Spares & Tyres

Anyone got any experience of classic car auctions? Brightwells is quite near to me. I wonder what the Triumph and Wolseley would make? I'm happy to keep the Renault though

It would be worth giving them a ring to see what they say. I rang the classic auctioneers down here who's name escapes me when I was selling my Renault Fregate. They weren't interested as they thought my reserve was too high. I sold it on ebay in the end and got my money, but at least they were honest about the value they thought they would be able to get. At the end of the day they want to get sales so are unlikely to take on anything they think may not hit reserve on a good day.Good luck with the sales and certainly keep the 16 as they are lovely motors and I always wanted one but it would have to be a TX

Thanks. I'm half tempted to flog it anyway though and just buy a really nice example. I know a French chap who might be able to communicate with a Lebencoin vendor.I

Anyway, in the meantime this is just a bump. If my price on the Triumph is optimistic then if anyone is interested please make an offer.

Oooh Renault 16, fond memories, as a 16 year old lad I worked in garage on the south coast between Havant and Hayling Island and the local taxi firm, Swift taxis  ditched half of their aging fleet of Morris Oxfords and bought 6 of these beauties all in dark blue, I drove them often round the yard and workshop and it was like floating on air, unfortunately they did'nt seem to last long and were replaced by Audi 100 's again all in dark blue ah happy days, petrol 33p a gallon. 3 gallons and a squirt of of redex ....that will be one pound please sir.....

Renault gets my vote.

• 3 weeks later...

Just pop up and have a look. It's a tiny island we live on.

Any deals can be done face to face if you like it. Price could be adjusted slightly but I don't really want to sell it so I can't be bothered to put much effort into selling it.

Come see it, make sensible offer. Sorry to sound rude, I am not trying to be.