Xantia relay

SierraMikeHotel

Made the hotel via a great chippy in Stoke! However the clutch is starting to slip. If I take it easy will I be able to nurse it home? I remember there being problems with the cable or clip on cable, but is slipping usually the clutch itself? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice with these things!

Slipping is usually the clutch itself. Just be gentle and try to avoid hard acceleration /high engine loads.

My Toledo has had a slipping clutch for ages - but never fails to get me where i need to be.

I think the clip issues just mean the clutch cable pings off (if I remember correctly)?

Cheers, I’m 4 hours from home, was only doing a steady 70 for the most part, will try slightly slower tomorrow! The biting point is really high, was thinking that was needing adjustment but now think it just needs changed. It does go along really nice on the motorway.

Cheers Dome, you might see it soon but probably not in my hands!

Nae bother LP, enjoyed the drive without the kids shouting for Little Mix on the radio! Nice* walk round Falkirk before my train too! I had 50 mins to wait, managed to get a haircut then a cafe visit for a coffee/ roll and sausage, the prices compared to Edinburgh paid my train ticket!

I took it for a decent test drive this morning.

In my opinion the clutch isn't slipping but it is juddering at low speeds (TADT,S). The sticky accelerator cable makes it seem like clutch slip.

I joined the M876 and accelerated keenly to 70MPH uphill, there was none of the engine revving and little to no acceleration you'd expect of a slipping clutch, it accelerated well.

Headroom is a problem for me, with a sunroof fitted I have to slouch and it's given me a sore neck already.

I thought about taking it on but I don't have the space to work on it, it'd be a shame to use it every day as my only car, and I don't fit inside it.

It's really nice, it's only done 60k and the niggles it has wouldn't take much to sort out.

Thanks to aldo for letting me try it out, PM the man if you'd like to buy it. LP delivery assistance possible. 48d72af26c14bb0235bc93d2a4d54402.jpg