Jaguar XJ6, forum bike X300 3.2 Sport, see page 4

Jazoli

And home, covered the 140 miles or so back effortlessly, the only grumble I have is the cramped footwell with no footrest, not great for my arthritic ankle but hey ho.

Love the car though, first job will be to clean the windows as couldn't see feck all on the way home then attend to the blowing exhaust, might investigate the rear end knocking but it isn't loud so probably won't.

Did 27mpg on the way home too

Couple of updates but no pics.

There were quite a few rattles coming from the boot so I pulled the carpet off the underside of the boot lid and re-attached the interior lights that were floppaging around, I also made sure the spare wheel was firmly attached, most of the rattles seem to have vanished.

I also fixed the non functioning hot air vents in the centre console for the rear seats, I have no idea why as no-one will ever sit in the back of it but I like things to work!

There was a lot of slack in the throttle cables at the throttle body which meant it had quite a lot of pedal travel before forward motion was achieved, I have taken up some of the slack with the adjusters but not over tightened them as you need a bit of play.

Other minor adjustments to the headlamp aim were made as I couldn't see an awful lot in the dark and I'm surrounded by unlit country roads where I live, I may fit some brighter bulbs but probably won't as I'm not planning to use it a lot at this time of year.

I was going to use it for work now and again but I seriously cannot fit my size 10 feet in when getting in to it wearing my 7 hole DM's and get stuck and have to lift the wheel up and out of the way :(

Plan for the weekend weather permitting is get it up on the ramps I have made (pics to follow) and have a good look at the exhaust, its blowing very badly from the centre section and I'm hoping I can chop the damaged joint out and fit a repair section or flexi, I also know the rear n/s silencer is toast and hanging on by the few bits of rust left attached to it, I have my fingers crossed that the rest of it is solid (ish) as it will make a cheap car not so cheap if I have to replace it all :(

I reattached the lights in the boot about seven times then just gave up.

The centre section of the exhaust completely fractured on me. I took it out which was a war in itself and welded it back together. The front slip joint was damaged removing it and I didn't repair it well enough so there was a small leak from the top of the pipe.

I couldn't get back in with the welder and I was not taking it off again so it got bandaged and left. All fully documented in my thread during ownership.

The rear silencers were in decent shape when I had it and am surprised that one is fucked already.

The cause of the exhaust issue was the support just in front of the rear axle is missing. I couldn't find the correct support online within 30 minutes of looking so used other materials that might look like cable ties...

Handsome motor!  I'll have it back once you've replaced the exhaust, please :)  

I also got sick of putting the boot lights back in, I took them out eventually.  

Your place in the queue for this is behind me ha ha!

What a car, I WILL get to own this one day. I have saved up enough to mean I don't need to sell the 75 in order to buy it outright, me being presumptious about the eventual sale price though.

Thankfully my size 8 DMs fit the 75, that was vital!

That's good progress already. X300s are impossible for rattles from the boot area. It can be infuriating. It's a really solid base with many good things going for it so with the exhaust improved it becomes really excellent. How did you get on with the steering?

Oh yes, I have ordered a relay, I'm fine with it but the missus finds it heavy going ( I did get her to drive it, despite initial protestations)