When did you last see a......

Timewaster

fat arsed renner migraines.

and leguna's, though i think the remaining early versions of these are now within the AS fold.

mark 1 ford focus and mark 1 mondeo's.

ALL vectra's and omega's. 

shame as the omega was a FINE automobile, just hampered by having the "wrong" badge stuck on it :-(

Lovely motors, I hate breaking them but they are rusty feckers nowadays, sent one to the bridge only yesterday 

Fiat Marea, i've genuinely not seen one in the metal for over 3 years, and judging by how few have come up for sale. it's not just a local thing.

Renault Espace, in fact, i don't think i've seen one at all for over a year, Mk1,2,3....nothing!, seems the rise in SUV's and smaller people carriers like Piccasso's etc pretty much killed them off.

Fiat Marea, i've genuinely not seen one in the metal for over 3 years, and judging by how few have come up for sale. it's not just a local thing.

Renault Espace, in fact, i don't think i've seen one at all for over a year, Mk1,2,3....nothing!, seems the rise in SUV's and smaller people carriers like Piccasso's etc pretty much killed them off.

Saw a 51-plate blue estate Marea yesterday at the tip.  They're still out there!

Fiat Seicento?

Lady Grumpius' Sister has one!  The 'Sporting' model, in bright yellow.  Every time we see one, we take a picture and send it to her, as has been the tradition for years.  She's been driving for about 8 years and it's the only car she's owned.

In Manchester, funnily enough.

Saw a 51-plate blue estate Marea yesterday at the tip.  They're still out there!

Still see the occasional 1.6 (eww) pop up for sale, one every 2 or 3 months, maybe a diesel every 4-5 months.

The 5cly petrol models are rarer than most Ferraris these days, across all models, estate, saloon and both trim models, combined, there's only 17 left on the road.

Likely mostly due to the timing belt being a proper arse of a job that costs about 4x the value of the car at most garages. So they either just get scrapped at MOT time or driven until it snaps and binned then.

Volvo 700/900s

They were not that common in Australia in the first place but they seem to be dropping like flies, I think the availability of parts here is the clincher.

240s are still about, very popular with the hipster type crowd. 850s are also still about but I think they will be the next to disappear.

Remember the ads with Harry Enfield voice over?

"People who iron their Jim jams - they won't like this at all."

"The Tigra from Vauxhall. Fun, if you like that sort of thing".

Ha! Yes I remember the advert, circa 1995. Never picked up that it was Harry Enfield's voice. I think it was a Pogues tune towards they played towards the end.

Yesterday I spotted a Volvo 340 saloon. Haven't seen one on the roads for years.

There are almost no older cars on the road. I drive alone a 120 mile return on busy A roads regularly and to pass the time I play "spot the car older than mine", which usually is a 1999 BMW. In 2 and a half hours on a busy Saturday I will typically see 3, 2 of which are gleaming classics from the 60's.

I recently went on a Sunday over to south of Chester and back, M1, M62 from the NE of England. In 5 and a bit hours and 307 miles I saw 3 cars 20 years or older. I saw 6 new Mustangs, twice as many. You don't even see many cars much older than 10 years. In estates and car parks yes, but not out there actually going somewhere.

There are almost no older cars on the road. I drive alone a 120 mile return on busy A roads regularly and to pass the time I play "spot the car older than mine", which usually is a 1999 BMW. In 2 and a half hours on a busy Saturday I will typically see 3, 2 of which are gleaming classics from the 60's.

I play this game aswell. My 2001 Range Rover is usually the oldest car we see and we potter around farming country in Devon and Somerset. These used to be prime chod spotting areas.

Volvo 700/900s

They were not that common in Australia in the first place but they seem to be dropping like flies, I think the availability of parts here is the clincher.

240s are still about, very popular with the hipster type crowd. 850s are also still about but I think they will be the next to disappear.

I think we know where they all end up.

Breadvan Polos, used to be 10 a penny round here, but can't remember the last time I saw one. Have they all just fizzed and dissolved away into a puddle of brown water and disappointment?

My Uncle has one.  There's also a young lady in Folkestone that has one.  Got chatting to her in a car park about it a few months ago.  Other than that, they seem to have disappeared.

Maybe I should photograph the cars coming into my workshop and start a new Tales from the Test lane type thread.

A certain Alcyone Corporation came to see me in his SVX just before xmas.

The week before a Volvo 340 variomatic came in for test.

Last year I MOTed two Chevettes although one owner was enquiring about MOT exemption so maybe that one won't be back this year.Also three Pug 205s, two were daily use diesels and the third a stunning GTi that had a nut and bolt resto three years ago.A couple of Skoda Felicias have been in the last year too.

Oh, remember that mega low mileage Renault 21 that Kieth Adams had in the summer ? yep that came in my workshop.