Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast Sale - Scalextric added

eddyramrod

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 12:05 AM, eddyramrod said:

Fiat 500 sold and ready to post in the morning.

Now here's something different, for the little (or even big) girl in your life...

DSCN3401.thumb.JPG.bba57c65b23b24e3a0da73651f2b638a.JPG

Yes it's a doll.  It was called something like Baby Reborn and MrsR decided she had to have it, at vast expense, so of course she got it.  I think it's supposed to be a girl (the pink dummy is a bit of a giveaway).  The USP was that it's approximately the size and weight of an actual newborn.  It comes with a choice of outfits with labels like Next and Mothercare; I don't remember if we had to buy those after.  Also a blanket and feeding bottle.

DSCN3405.thumb.JPG.9367e91ce2580e909fdd4691fa0f1c9a.JPG

DSCN3402.thumb.JPG.4b8bbd2e315af960521fba71c9d84447.JPG

DSCN3403.thumb.JPG.b870331a818547ced78bfce4c48e940d.JPG

MrsR wants £40 back.  I don't really want to post because it's heavy.  If only there was a big present-giving festival coming up and I knew people with young daughters...

Now sold, as is the big dolls' house with all the furnishings.  Still got the kit version though.

Incidentally I found another UB40 brochure the other day, from 2003 I think.  If anyone wants either, I'm perfectly happy for them to go as a pair, and they are postable.

Anybody want an Xbox?  It's the original iteration and comes with a bunch of games, and accessories including a steering wheel and pedals.  I can get some photos if you want.  £50 the lot?

• eddyramrod changed the title to Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast Sale - Now with Xbox
1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Anybody want an Xbox?  It's the original iteration and comes with a bunch of games, and accessories including a steering wheel and pedals.  I can get some photos if you want.  £50 the lot?

Swap 4 vektra M8? Will pass test no bother

1 hour ago, andyberg said:

Do you have any halo games with it, and is it postable?😉

Halo?  Unlikely, but I'll have to check.  Postable?  Er, no, it makes up way too big a box.

I've also got a Wii with several games and some accessories; again, something I just don't play with any more.  £75 takes that.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Xbox...

DSCN3453.thumb.JPG.c5f86de0992c41c47b8620b8bbd2740c.JPGDSCN3454.thumb.JPG.d85d1c6e6db9bcef0e57ab76bb5d8738.JPGDSCN3456.thumb.JPG.767c6b17b0d233c445b80210ecc13328.JPG

And the Wii...

DSCN3452.thumb.JPG.c4a6b0abfa1d56d97d1f9d656a21f6a2.JPG

And how about a couple of SLR film cameras, with additional lenses and other kit?

DSCN3459.thumb.JPG.7de06c07b25d5d4fdd592e6f10261a48.JPG

The cameras themselves are Zenits, basically the Lada of cameras: unsophisticated but tough.  Some of the lenses will fit; any that don't will be Canon bayonet fitting.  £30 the lot?

Also, some antiques*...

DSCN3457.thumb.JPG.9414f2040b866029edd98823b6fa7079.JPG

Interesting little case, what could possibly be in it?

DSCN3458.thumb.JPG.728371eb129beff891a86e61cb50e854.JPG

Hmm, matching teaspoons.  I don't think they're actual antiques, nor are they precious metal, but they're nice, have a little figure cast into the handle and are a complete set.  The case is even quite good.  These don't usually fetch a lot on the antique programmes, so a tenner?  I could post these too.  First thing in this listing I've been able to say that about!

4 hours ago, andyberg said:

Damn it I wish I was nearer for the X box and the cameras ☹️ I still have my old zenith camera I bought new in 1985, still works and takes good pictures too!

I'm happy to hold them under your name if you think you might be able to travel in anything like a reasonable time.  A deposit will hold them longer, of course.

• eddyramrod changed the title to Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast Sale - Now with Xbox, and Wii, and Cameras!

Zenith made great cameras. I owned a couple of E and EM models and they were wonderfully over-engineered big things, but produced good results.

I kinda fell out of love with film photography and sold all mine on five or so years back, but they're certainly worth having if you fancy a crack at such a pursuit. Looks like a good kit there.

I can't disagree.  They're pretty basic but tough as old boots and relatively simple to use.  The EM (in my pic, the all-black one with no case) even has a built-in lightmeter to help you choose your settings.  45 years ago these were what I was using at art college, which introduced me to "serious" photography.  Excellent for student use!

Note they're too heavy to post..

11 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I'm happy to hold them under your name if you think you might be able to travel in anything like a reasonable time.  A deposit will hold them longer, of course.

I am happy to give a deposit mate. I know I should remember but where are you in this fine* land?

Not sure on when I can get to you but I am planning a trip up north in spring or summer to take my wife to the lake District.

4 minutes ago, andyberg said:

where are you in this fine* land?

lake District.

Question answered!  I'm in Barrow, which is the bottom-left corner as you look at a map of Cumbria.  Spring/summer is fine, no problem at all.

I've got a vast quantity of small hand tools for woodwork and other crafts..  I inherited them from my dad and I don't even know what's there really.  I'm never going to use them.  Come and take away a box or two, and make a donation to the Tea Fund.  Many are in boxes made by my dad!

No rummaging, you take an entire box.  That's not too much to ask is it?

• 2 weeks later...

TV wallmount,...

DSCN3489.thumb.JPG.ec13952ffa44697b8ea563678d9deb50.JPG

Unused; the box is still sealed!  Tenner plus post.

Also, an unopened pack of two figurines...

DSCN3490.thumb.JPG.4d70f69502bc696f0e6b16126d327f7b.JPG

Who here is old enough to remember Pinky and Perky?  They should brighten up someone's summerhouse!  Free, cost of postage only.

Also, as mentioned in Shite in Miniature...

DSCN3486.thumb.JPG.4ae8e26d4108adf6bba4d85835add9e4.JPG

Matchbox-Dinky Ford Pilot, in silver.  Will swop with a black one, or you can buy this one, boxed, for a fiver plus post.  The beige one isn't available, it stays with me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 4:01 PM, eddyramrod said:

DSCN3457.thumb.JPG.9414f2040b866029edd98823b6fa7079.JPG

Interesting little case, what could possibly be in it?

DSCN3458.thumb.JPG.728371eb129beff891a86e61cb50e854.JPG

Hmm, matching teaspoons.  I don't think they're actual antiques, nor are they precious metal, but they're nice, have a little figure cast into the handle and are a complete set.  The case is even quite good.  These don't usually fetch a lot on the antique programmes, so a tenner?  I could post these too.  First thing in this listing I've been able to say that about!

They're EPNS, which probably means they were made either side of WW2, and they're by Newbridge; I've made the effort to read the stamp on the underside of the handles.  I've been looking at the market value and I think I've got it about right.

• eddyramrod changed the title to Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast Sale - Now with spoons and rally books
On 2/13/2022 at 11:40 AM, eddyramrod said:

DSCN3491.thumb.JPG.b95172d43b7aa5e6dc7d3680355e56b6.JPG

Programme and road book for the 2011 Cyprus Rally.  Fiver plus post, anyone?

Tell you what, I'll include postage for that fiver.

Meanwhile.....

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

Just look at this, 30 years old and the box has barely even been opened...

DSCN3510.thumb.JPG.9bc715edfb0dc1ff23c6baa8995eca69.JPG

DSCN3513.thumb.JPG.7792ae6d29b206ac08a8673461a593b0.JPG

DSCN3514.thumb.JPG.4803e8e3bf2125912c93f94b50eeba29.JPG

Still has the original Japanese instruction sheet...

DSCN3512.thumb.JPG.989faec5a5a31845df2669a5df45c473.JPG

...and helpfully, three pages of translation into English!

DSCN3511.thumb.JPG.b16d653ea303bffc1ce9d4b5ab21cb8e.JPG

Must be worth £30 plus post.  I've had it from new and I'm clearly never going to build it now.

Britains now...

DSCN3509.thumb.JPG.c21694521e9ee8640fcae5022a5befc7.JPG

I've mentioned this farm base before but I thought a photo might help.   It's early 70s, vac-formed, and is literally just the base, there are no fittings or accessories at all.  Free if you can collect.

Finally today: a 1988 Matchbox Colour Changer Porsche 959, on card.  And even in period-correct Woolworths bag!

DSCN3508.thumb.JPG.ea4f1fd67845e42636b5df02787b2326.JPG

Surely worth £2 plus post?

There's probably more to come too.

• eddyramrod changed the title to Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast Sale - THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

£30 plus post, which may be £4-odd because it's a big box.  That being said, I can slip the piggies into it so they can ride for free.  If you like I can get a postage estimate tomorrow.

Farm base and Porsche spoken for :)

2 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

£30 plus post, which may be £4-odd because it's a big box.  That being said, I can slip the piggies into it so they can ride for free.  If you like I can get a postage estimate tomorrow.

Farm base and Porsche spoken for :)

Ok , let me know  , ta

• eddyramrod changed the title to Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast Sale - Scalextric added