Peugeot 205 1.4 - Roffle - Saturday 12th Jan draw

AlsoMike

Thinking of selling my 205, its a bit of project but they are only going up in value so this could be a great INVESMUNT OPPERTUNNITY for someone. I am based in Lincolnshire though so there is an element of danger involved if viewing/collecting.

Its a 1990 XE model, which is just about as base model as they get. Originally a 1.0, but I've swapped in a 1.4 engine (regular TU3) and 5-speed box. No XUD content here chaps.

MoT'd til June and taxed to get you home.

Its pretty tidy, a few small dings and scratches here and there but polishes up ok. Interior is slightly mis-match as the previous owner had put GTi bits in, but I've replaced the seats with some decent GL seats which are mega comfy. Rust-wise it has a small hole in the N/S/F inner wing which may affect the next Mot depending on how picky your Mot guy is, and a rust patch under the rear seat.

I've replaced pretty much everything on this car over the last 5 years, engine/gearbox/exhaust/front suspension/rear brakes & lines. The front suspension is Monroe GTi shocks with -40mm springs and the rear has been lowered 40mm. I did this 3 years ago and there doesnt look to be any camber on the rear beam.

It starts easily with a bit of choke and drives and stops ok. I serviced it about 500 miles ago and fitted a cambelt and clutch when I swapped the engine in 3 years ago. Unfortunately the engine has a vibration/rumble at certain revs. I'm not sure what this is, i think this may be wear in the bottom end, hopefully its something less serious but dont bank on it.

The car is located in Lincoln and I'm after around £400. Apologies for the 'just washed' ebay style pics.

32651973318_de39c258a2_c.jpg

44707853150_090165ba62_c.jpg

44707855430_80e0364ffe_c.jpg

32651975668_9522db2a59_c.jpg

VTS engine is the one to go for if you can choose (125bhp, 1.6 16v)

VTR is basically the same as what's in, but bigger. 90BHP.

Physically it all bolts in with some grinding to the drivers side engine mount to clear the cambelt cover on the 16v

Not sure what you'd do about an exhaust, I presume you'd just have to adapt from the VTS downpipe to the rest of the system

Wiring is easy enough, I used to make looms for people to order back in the day but it's only about 5 wires to make it work, another 10 to make the gauges work properly. You'd need to get the ECU unlocked, but nowadays it's no hardship.

I'm told the C2 1.6 16v engines are better (but fit the same) however I've been out of the game since before they were affordable.

125bhp in this would be a right little flyer, I had the same engine in a 106 Rallye which is probably slightly heavier and it really was great fun.

VTS engine is the one to go for if you can choose (125bhp, 1.6 16v)

VTR is basically the same as what's in, but bigger. 90BHP.

Physically it all bolts in with some grinding to the drivers side engine mount to clear the cambelt cover on the 16v

Not sure what you'd do about an exhaust, I presume you'd just have to adapt from the VTS downpipe to the rest of the system

Wiring is easy enough, I used to make looms for people to order back in the day but it's only about 5 wires to make it work, another 10 to make the gauges work properly. You'd need to get the ECU unlocked, but nowadays it's no hardship.

I'm told the C2 1.6 16v engines are better (but fit the same) however I've been out of the game since before they were affordable.

125bhp in this would be a right little flyer, I had the same engine in a 106 Rallye which is probably slightly heavier and it really was great fun.

Sounds loads of fun. For some reason I thought the 16v engines were significantly different..

That looks gorgeous - I need to get my arse plonked down behind the wheel in one of these before they all vanish.

I feel you on the vibration - going through the same with old Rover. Pain in the arse, almost literally.

Steal for someone this - hope it becomes a forum bike soon.

My old red 205 1.4 (gt) had just about the most instant power at its disposal of any car I’ve ever driven, literally a flex of the right foot would pull you right up a hill in a way that nothing has been able to match.

I really want this

I like this a lot. If it's still around once I've dismantled the second MGF and put all the nice bits on the first MGF and sold the engine from the second one and scrapped the rest and fixed the windscreen chip on the first MGF and got it through its MOT and sold it, I will buy it.

I mean, it won't be, but you know.

PS disappointed at the lack of "still 1.0 on logbook m8" cliche.

Always wanted to try one of these 205s because I only ever hear folks race about them.amazing that they're still this cheap. I'm sure Partridge will ask you to scrap it though, even though it's a Peugeot

Christ man, what's your beef with me? Did I cut you up or something or steal your lunch money?

EDIT: OP, I'm aware this is in no way helping you sell the car, but at least you've had a free bump.

Rumble has been there since i swapped the engine, i thought it was exhaust hitting something to start with, it was an unknown quantity off ebay tho. Its never got too much worse tbh, always appeared over the same rev range. I keep the revs down and drive around it.