Sign in to follow this  
b4ndit

Transit camper van for sale

looks tidy might be interested

It's on a sorn at the moment but I'm only in warrington if you wanted to come and look at it , when I bought it my plan was to sell the wife's car, pocket some £££ and have her running about in it but she took it for a drive and was terrified by the size so that didn't work out , if I let her loose in it she'll probably come home with a micra stuck to the front bumper.

It's on a sorn at the moment but I'm only in warrington if you wanted to come and look at it , when I bought it my plan was to sell the wife's car, pocket some £££ and have her running about in it but she took it for a drive and was terrified by the size so that didn't work out , if I let her loose in it she'll probably come home with a micra stuck to the front bumper.

ok that sounds ok let me know when is best for you

I am In love with this. Sadly funds won't allow buyage.

You could tour the world in this, would require diesel, small amount of oil maybe a little water once in a while. Great vans, great skills restoring and welding. Too cheap stick it on eBay Gumtree see how you go, you might find a non twat to sell to.

For anyone thinking of buying it , I've been to see it , it's just as terry has described , he's put a lot of time in, it started from stone cold on the key, no smoke and ticked over nicely

needs work inside, just a bit of modernising, new fabric , curtains etc , structurally and mechanically it seems fine

My plans have been scuppered by mrs wack so unfortunately that's where my interest ends.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tickman
      First some background:
      I was brought up with no car interest, a car was transport and nothing more which resulted in a selection of poor cheap cars being the cars of my youth.

Fast forward many years (just over 9 years ago) and I have a wonderful* Vauxhall Vectra estate to carry us about. Unfortunately it is crap and throws fault codes at us with nothing being there when it is checked (even at Vauxhall)

As Mrs T is the main pilot of this chariot with the two little miss T's on board, it has to go.
      The hunt is on for the new steed to safely and comfortably carry the family around. I have a company car at the time so big journeys are not an issue.

ebay is my weapon of choice to find the new family car. It has to be good value cheap for no other reason than I am tight.

Weeks of research with lots of cars that are too expensive and too far away for easy collection end up in my watch list.
      Finally a possible is spotted in Fife. I go and have a look and find a poor looking but solid car. One previous owner and lots of history.

The auction was to end on the Saturday at midday, we were going to be out! I decided on how much I was willing to gamble on it and on the Saturday morning I put in my max bid but straight away it went to my max bid, I was winning but it had three hours to go with no room for me to go up! We went out anyway.

I spent the next three hours kicking myself for not bidding more while we were out as it was the first car I had seen that fitted my criteria. Fate was in charge.

On returning home I go straight on ebay to find 'Congratulations.............'
      For the grand total of £500 I had just won this fine vehicle!

It has 5 months MOT and after fitting seat belts in the rear for the girls car seats it is pushed into daily service.
      My gamble and subsequent use results in a perfectly reliable car that actually does what it is supposed to do.

Even more importantly Mrs T loves it so a win all round.

All my cars have names (most are earned over a bit of time) and this one is called 'Gwendolen' ( G reg car and from Wales originally. I hate the name but I am not going to argue)

That sums up part one, more will be along later (probably much later)
    • By DavidB
      My Compact is up for sale again, MOT until November.
      Manual, 2l turbo diesel, 165k miles.
      £750

I've replaced a load of stuff over the years, been meticulous with servicing. Brand new turbo, crank pulley, injectors, inlet seals, handbrake mech, vortex filter etc). It had a new BMW battery from dealer a couple of years ago. New spare wheel, toolkit, books, wallet, first aid kit box etc
      Swirl flaps in the inlet have been blanked. Has black M-sport alcantara interior, with bucket seats (fully adjustable) and leather bits. It's really clean inside and out. Cool fold out rear windows like old Japanese cars but they’re auto electric powered
      17" E90 alloy wheels with four 5 month old Landsail tyres
      Two keys, service/manuals, dealer keyring, etc.

The only things wrong with it:
      the glow plug ECU is reporting a fault.
      The front bumper is stone chipped.
       It has always started first turn of the key in whatever weather in the four years I've had this, so I'm sure the glow plugs are working, but it's just giving an error. It has had this fault in INPA since I've had it.

It shifts quite well with 150bhp, I've managed 70 - 80mpg on a gentle run over 200 miles, but always get an average of 60mpg. There's no rust on the car, it's pretty mechanically sound I've done close to 70k miles in it I think. Only the crank pulley has failed on me in that time.

• By eddyramrod
      Copied over from Shite In Miniature...
      Note for future reference...  I've decided most of my Matchbox (-sized) cars can go.  It's a vast collection,   Most have been repainted at least once - by me, obviously.  My eyes and hand aren't good enough to do them again.  I've got way too many to list so ask if there's something you want and if I've got it, we can do a deal.  Most will be 50p each plus postage, so it'll make sense to build up a parcel.

I thought it best to do this, then I'm not clogging up the main thread.  This could well go on for months.