Clitroen ZX. Saved. Phew

95 quid Peugeot

Blimey.

Calm down.

It's a used ZX. It's never going to pristine resto as long as my arse points downwards.

I'd put original post up to ask anyone wanted anything for free as it was most probably going to the bridge.

I'd been quoted 144 scrap and if someone wanted complete car as engine and gearbox good I'd accept a sensible offer from here to at least save some of the bits becoming a fridge

May be*/definitely* am interested.

Q1 do the rear wheels lean out/in? No I think when it was wingz between my ownership bearings were changed

Q2 when was the last cam belt change?

There was a big history file. Obviously never to be seen again since its been in a students bedroom but around 90k

Q3 is the clutch light?

Clutch fine

Q4 is there a clonk from the rear when going over bumps?

No

Q5 what is the rust around the front turrets like?

Nothing visible

and a new one for the new MOT changes

Q6 if you floor the throttle is there any smoke emitted?

Don't know I don't floor throttles

Regards

É  Ñosbod

Just scrap it and get your money. If the alternative to selling here is facing Gumtree/Autotrader/eBay or the swiveled eyed lunatics who populate the Citroen Car Club, scrapping will be far easier. You've offered it for scrap money, nobody wanted it, so if anyone moans at you they can boil their head.

I'm quite impressed i've make it to the rank of swilled eyed loon, I feel I've finally achieved at life :-D

Not including you in that remark, Dean. You were very un-swiveled eyed when I met you, but all I will say is that the Citroen Car Club didn't exactly cover itself with glory on Facebook over that Xantia of mine.

I offered it for free, and nobody wanted it, to the car club and on here. I even put out a post on its Facebook page saying anybody who wanted parts from it could come and help themselves.

When it was still on my drive two weeks later (and still dead), I broke the news that it was with André Citroën in automotive innovation heaven, and pitchforks were drawn.

To be honest the BLARG scene is just as bad, and don't even start me Rover 800 mouth foamers on AROnline.

And that's why I tend to just scrap worthless cars rather than re-home them these days.

Does it make me bitter? Yes. Does it make my life easier? Yes.

I just don't think me and Citroens (and the Citroen community) mix. It's a shame because I actually really like the cars, especially 90s stuff like the XM, Xantia and ZX.

Anyway, I'm glad the ZX is saved.

• 1 month later...

Im glad I didn't drive it home. After being stood, the battery was dead. Luckily I bought another with me. It wouldn't run for long though, it is sucking in air from somewhere. No big deal though. It also did that wonderful thing that cold ZXs do, where you open the door but the latch sticks and it won't close again.

But on the bright side, it looks a straight old thing. Loads of life left in it. Oh and I fixed the sunroof issue you mentioned. I pressed the button and it went down...

Happy customer, despite the 400 mile round trip. Thanks