The Great Roof Race (TM)

Jim Bell

But...... I have to get out of my car to lower the roof completely.

Thats allowed just follow the rules.  Start in the drivers seat, lower roof (even if this means leaving the drivers seat), then one circuit of the car beginning and ending at the drivers door via the bonnet, put the roof back up, get in car, close door - shout TIME!

Thats allowed just follow the rules.  Start in the drivers seat, lower roof (even if this means leaving the drivers seat), then one circuit of the car beginning and ending at the drivers door via the bonnet, put the roof back up, get in car, close door - shout TIME!

“TIME!” You been giving Ave on YouTube another chance, mate?

Best to avoid folding plastic hood windows in the cold though, unless cracking them will achieve extra points?

Drive for a few mile first with the heater on full to warm the roof up & it's fine*.

*I discovered this shortly after discovering they crack when cold...

I have no convertible but felt I should join in the spirit of things.

In lieu of roof all windows were opened prior to the lap.

https://youtu.be/RwdrENkYJWI

I think it may be possible to improve the time were child locks not on, the car was less full of shit and a falling off window winder resolved.

Apologies for the arse shots, in anticipatory defence of the snazzy bracelet, I had been making such things with daughter earlier, honest.

I have recently purchased a Pug 206cc (or is it a 207? I get easily confused), with a tin top what folds up and down, but have only just swapped out the rear axle due to it being a right lemon - the top went up and down before i filled the boot with tools and such, and now refuses to budge!

I reckon it's a simple fix by removing the world of crap in said boot, or I'm scuppered and might have to read an owner's manual :-P

There is a few smoll jobs to attend to before venturing out onto the Queen's highway in a safe fashion such as lower wishbone arms, engine mounts etc.. but I am confident she will be able to participate some time in the next calendar year :-D

I have recently purchased a Pug 206cc (or is it a 207? I get easily confused), with a tin top what folds up and down, but have only just swapped out the rear axle due to it being a right lemon - the top went up and down before i filled the boot with tools and such, and now refuses to budge!

I reckon it's a simple fix by removing the world of crap in said boot, or I'm scuppered and might have to read an owner's manual :-P

Spanner in the works!

Seriously I expect they've got a sensor in case there is too much crap in the boot to leave the roof room to fold.

I have no convertible but felt I should join in the spirit of things.

In lieu of roof all windows were opened prior to the lap.

https://youtu.be/RwdrENkYJWI

I think it may be possible to improve the time were child locks not on, the car was less full of shit and a falling off window winder resolved.

Apologies for the arse shots, in anticipatory defence of the snazzy bracelet, I had been making such things with daughter earlier, honest.

Fucking brilliant. God I hope you're neighbours were watching. And will never ask you what was going on cos now they're a bit scared of you!

Spanner in the works!

Seriously I expect they've got a sensor in case there is too much crap in the boot to leave the roof room to fold.

The 307cc does, it has a mesh screen you pull across to show there is nothing in the way, I must get round to doing this but the wife has hidden her keys.