Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

I would say they have quoted for a Caliper on that side as a worst case before they stripped it .

Also they may fit decent parts not ecp shit .

I’ll try and find the pic of the 2000 mile old eicher pads I took out of a megane this week .

No Caliper on quote as each item is listed on quote as a supply and fit price. They also list the make of pads and disk and they match what ECP would supply. They are Pagid front pads £74.14 and Eicher Premiim Brake Discs (2) £126.63 both plus Vat so £240 all but a few pence. My concern is a Caliper is required which will increase that price substantially. This was all done 11k/12 months - the car has been standing for the last 2

months though.

^^ I deffo read a 'helpful hint' on some Toyyo forum which had 'breaker bar wedged/coil lead off/turn engine on key/whanggg = loose' :)

That tends to work really well, but I would add "breaker bar wedged and strapped in place" as I saw this done a few years ago now resulting in crank pulley bolt undone (good - objective achieved), windscreen of car parked next door shattered and various bodywork dents/removed paint by flying breaker bar (bad - unintended objective achieved)

That tends to work really well, but I would add "breaker bar wedged and strapped in place" as I saw this done a few years ago now resulting in crank pulley bolt undone (good - objective achieved), windscreen of car parked next door shattered and various bodywork dents/removed paint by flying breaker bar (bad - unintended objective achieved)

The old man is visiting me this lunchtime so I'm hoping me and him holding the breaker bar while Mrs D turns the key will hold it sturdy. Dad's a big strong bloke as well, just 5" shorter than me.

I wouldn't be holding the breaker bar!

Wedged is the key word.

Indeed. End of breaker bat on an axle stand. Tieed to axle stand and stand ratchet strapped between front wheels so none of the bots can move. Also put sheet of ply between radiator and front of engine to prevent socket end of breaker bar going through rad fans and ac condenser. Btdt as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double questionez.

Two differents sizes of brake disc on the front for a car.

Mot fail?

Had a customer who had failed the mot on worn discs and pads but No mention of the fact they where two different sizes across the axle (Corsa 1.0 and Corsa 1.4) a fair size difference. He Had owned the car for a few years and never had it mentioned.

Wanted to return one disc and for me to sell him one smaller one. I refused and said I'm having nothing to do with it. Fix it properly or don't fix it at all.

Was I being a twat?

No. Just offer him more advice, but use your professional indemnity insurance as an excuse as why you can't help.someone do.something dangerous.

Reminds me of the tale from a lecturer at Coventry Polytechnic who had worked for AP brakes, and was called to Blmc to sort out a car that would not brake in a straight line.

Drums on one side, discs on the other

It failed on this - the years must have changed with the new style MOT. Hopefully a reset will clear it for the retest.

Sorry I'm late coming back to this, I checked and the cutoff for petrol cars is 1/7/03 so if your car is older than this they shouldn't have failed it for mil.

I could do with a laugh. In particular I would like to find the thread that included pictures of soft toys getting into a disagreement with a shiter. Possibly it was a colleckshun thread. The soft toys were last seen with the caption/meme 'you and me are going to have a problem'.

Please help!

Sorry for late reply. This is actually possible. Many many years ago I had a Pug 306 and the central locking went a bit mental, would start randomly unlocking itself for no reason. This was "fixed" when the (still working) Sony CD player was removed to refit the original OEM cassette player. Central locking worked perfectly again after that. I should add that the CD player had been fitted for 2 years prior to the issue happening.

05 plate Volvo XC90. CD player not working which is also affecting parking sensors, according to seller.  Fuse checked and all OK. Anyone know anything about this, please. Have just pm'd Wingz about his XC90 to see if it's still available, the above one is much closer to home and the same price.

Many thanks for any advice in advance.