Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

If you want to paint, you'll need to key the surface so scouring pads or similar, etching primer and top coat. Still, you're painting on top of chrome so if that starts to flake off your paint is coming with it.

Plasti-dip, as Shite Knight has found with his Fresian Sierra, only really sticks to itself - but on a luggage rack that's ideal. Give the whole thing one good coat and it doesn't matter if it sticks to the chrome or not, it'll form a luggage-rack shaped outer shell.

You can also look at "bed liner" or whatever which is a hardcore version of plasti-dip intended for pickup beds.

Ah - the Tasmin!  Biggest regret of my life not buying my friends father's B plate one around 12 years ago, for £1500.  I didn't have a garage and said no.

Bugger, bugger, bugger!

Never mind, if that's your biggest regret haha! They do look good though (if you like cheese).

What's the best way to paint a chrome luggage rack for a scooter? I'd like to paint over the chrome with black. 

Must I strip it or can I use plast-coat or whatnot?

I wouldn't touch the chrome with any abrasives, you'll cut through it and it may well peel, if it hasn't already in some places. You need a multi surface primer of the sort used prior to painting on tiles but before that you need to thoroughly degrease the fuck out of the rack, a bloody good polish with autosol followed by a good clean down with cellulose thinners.

how does one change their rank on here? i see a lot of you with custom messages and have scoured the user control panel but cant see an option to change it.

Go into your profile, click 'edit my profile' and scroll down.

post-20217-0-33823300-1547414926_thumb.jpg

Morning all. Daft question regarding privet registrations.

Once you've changed the plate with DVLA and informed your insurance provider, does the outstanding tax automagically "transfer" to the new reg for anpr purposes?

Yes, though it doesn't always auto renew correctly when the year's tax is up, so the computer tries to tax a registration that is currently off the system.

I've replaced the full rear axle on my focus with a known good straight one, some skillful jacking got the bastard on, all lined up but can i get the trailing arms to bolt to their capltive nuts, about 2 inches away currently

Bear in mind it's pitch black and freezing and I've had a twat of a day in work- I'll ask a silly question, does it need to be on the ground to compress the suspension so it will line up properly

Of course it fucking does doesn't it, brain is fucked  :shock:  :-D

I would appreciate some help here if you can. I am registered on the rover800info.co.uk site and my account has become disabled. Messages to the admin are ignored and I cant re register under a new name. So I am stuck.

If you are a member on rover800info.co.uk can you please send a Private Message  to scoobyh123 (Dave Houston), to let him know that Nick (zcar12) is not able to contact him, due to his account on rover800info (zcar12) being disabled. Thank you kindly.