Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

Have you tried to get them from the U.S.?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Im off to the US next week and can pick some up for you. I believe you are near Cheltenham. I will be working in Gloucester from mid April, so can drop them off. Just tell me what sizes/range you need.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

There is a plugin that you can get for phpbb (which I am assuming this is, just with a pretty skin on it) that can auto-delete a member if they have a zero post count after a certain period of time, and can be set (if you choose) to delete memebers who have less than a certain number of posts and have not logged in for a certain period of time.

I used to use it to great effect 10-15 years ago when I ran a forum. Can't remember what it's called now, but it came from a phpbb modification site.

A couple of weeks ago despite being asked not to use them the tyre fitter did just that and collapsed a front up into the sill.

Sounds to me like the tyre fitter should be the one sorting this and not you. Weak jacking points aside, if you've specifically given an instruction to someone and they have ignored it, causing damage in the process, that is slap-bang their issue to pay for the repair.

Sounds to me like the tyre fitter should be the one sorting this and not you. Weak jacking points aside, if you've specifically given an instruction to someone and they have ignored it, causing damage in the process, that is slap-bang their issue to pay for the repair.

I was annoyed when I found out but as it was a couple of weeks later I decided to let go, I don't think complaining would have achieved anything. They aren't a national chain. It had probably reached the stage where the MOT man was going to start poking but it would have nice to have the option.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Ha.

No, this is something obtuse and costly, because previous host

It uses Invision Power Borad, now Invision Power Services*

It's not terrible to be fair, but they're revamped it so heavily in version 4 that upgrading is challenging.

As for purging old members, it's something I've been considering, I just need to make sure to do it right and not crash anything.

Aah, right so.  Annoyingly I have an Indenor manual but not an XUD one.  Still, a manual for a petrol 205 should cover most of what I need.

The petrol 205 Haynes should cover almost everything you need, as the XU engine 205's share much with the XUD's mechanically and the engines themselves are broadly based on the same design.

If you need to purchase one, see if you can get the older "Workshop Manual" type 2nd hand rather than buying the the newer/current "Service and Repair Manual" version - for reasons unknown, Haynes took a lot of information out in the later manual including info on gearbox and rear axle strip down for example.  That said, the vast majority of stuff is still covered in the newer manual so don't worry too much if you can't get the older one.

Are the mintex brake boxes you see on eBay genuine? £37 seems suspiciously cheap for discs and pads.

I bought some minted pads, discs with bearing and abs rings for £60 which seems mentally cheap compared to everything else. They look all good, made by trw friction in the UK, I believe they manufacture lots of other 'brands'.

Used mintex on a Skoda where the discs were junk from new after 12 months. 35 quid and all fine 3 years later. Fabias, rapids and Octavia's all had issues at the time and Skoda UK issued a tech bulletin telling dealers how to wriggle out of replacing them* ( as if you'd want the scabby things which caused the problem in the first place anyway)

*Only my honest opinion your honour and definitely not the truth, s'welp me gawd.

How does surface rust on chrome work? Something is rusting, but you can sand it off. Surely rust would be actually part of the metal and therefore impossible to remove without removing the chroming from the surface?

I was wondering this just yesterday. The mirror stalks on the bike are scabby, and I couldn't understand what was going on when I scraped some with a fingernail and it was shiny underneath. Weird.

AFAIK chrome is slightly porous. Chrome plating directly onto steel allows moisture to penetrate, allowing the steel to rust. Top quality chrome plating consists of a layer of copper plating directly onto the steel, then a layer of nickel plating, then the chrome plating on top. The surface rust which is easy to remove has crept through the pores of the chrome, because the steel underneath is beginning to rust.

Found these items at the back of the shed. Can not for the life of me remember what car/cars they are from. Could the AS gurus help me?

The seat belt clips have 1392174 F4 on the plastic case and 5990B-AC89.1 on the metal mount. I have a feeling they my be from an old G plate 3series I used to have but I can't be certain!

post-5584-0-23480500-1522249433_thumb.jpeg

post-5584-0-77049500-1522249452_thumb.jpg