Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

Beaten to it but was going to say all Vauxhalls of that era have a 'car pass' with all that sort of info, on it, key codes, immobiliser codes etc. That other card with key number on it is probably reduntant now as its the code for the locking wheel nut removal key. 

Although it doesnt look like it, the radio is din size, I had the Delco CDR500 in an Astra mk4 and swapped it out for an Alpine unit no bother, straight swap with no messing about. 

Beaten to it but was going to say all Vauxhalls of that era have a 'car pass' with all that sort of info, on it, key codes, immobiliser codes etc. That other card with key number on it is probably reduntant now as its the code for the locking wheel nut removal key.

Although it doesnt look like it, the radio is din size, I had the Delco CDR500 in an Astra mk4 and swapped it out for an Alpine unit no bother, straight swap with no messing about.

Ah thats good to know man.

I fuckin hope there isnt locking nuts on the wheels because theres no key.

Ill have to have a check tmorrow.

Ok here's possibly a very stupid question  I've bought in a fiesta with allegedly a knackered clutch, having a closer look today there is zero drive i.e. even starting it in gear results in no movement, gear selector sounds like it's doing it's thang. Why do I have no drive baby ???? has the gearbox itself shat itself ? 

Hydraulic clutch on these things btw

Ok here's possibly a very stupid question I've bought in a fiesta with allegedly a knackered clutch, having a closer look today there is zero drive i.e. even starting it in gear results in no movement, gear selector sounds like it's doing it's thang. Why do I have no drive baby ???? has the gearbox itself shat itself ?

Hydraulic clutch on these things btw

That's what happens when a clutch is well and truely knackered! Other option is that it's ripped the centre of out the clutch

Been trying to sort the non-functioning nearside brake light on the C4 in preparation for its MOT retest on Saturday.  I've got it working (for now), but whilst poking around with my multimeter I noticed that the two live terminals for the brake / tail light bulb have around 9 volts running to them even when the lights are off.  Is this normal, or is it the electrics being French?  The bulb doesn't light with the 9v, even dimly.

It's reasonably doable to  shag a clutch that bad, I spent hours welding up and sorting out a Ka for my nan, it drove spot on.

Dropped it off at her house and on her first journey up to my mums (1 mile, mostly flat) she managed to fuck the clutch up so utterly completely that you could start it in gear. No drive whatsoever. She said at first it "wasnt very powerful and there was loads of smoke" so I reckon she just set off in 3rd and slipped the clutch all the way til it exploded.

It went over the bridge with 363 days MOT.

Been trying to sort the non-functioning nearside brake light on the C4 in preparation for its MOT retest on Saturday. I've got it working (for now), but whilst poking around with my multimeter I noticed that the two live terminals for the brake / tail light bulb have around 9 volts running to them even when the lights are off. Is this normal, or is it the electrics being French? The bulb doesn't light with the 9v, even dimly.

That's the feed for the bulb failure / safety system . Been caught out with that before . Fit your bulbs and clean up any contacts then switch the car off . Lock it then unlock , start it up then try the lights . They sometimes need to reset to realise it has working bulbs and supply power to them .