rml2345

2003 Mini Cooper S £1200

WOMAN_RML has decided to move her Cooper on and asked that I nudge you lot first before braving eBay/Bumtree/Couponpamphlet Shoap.

SC53 CCE

2003 Mini Cooper S (Supercharger)

1598cc Petrol

3DR Hatchback

Manual 6 Speed Gearbox

Gunmetal Grey

MOT until 29th November 2019

111,300 Miles on the clock

2 keys – Remote Central Locking

LAST MOT (29th November 2018)

Failed on reg plate lamp inoperative (repaired), and leak in offside shock absorber (repaired)

Advisories on offside front tyre worn, stop lamp not working, offside rear road wheel slight distort

Last Service: November, 2018 (date of last MOT)

Air Con Recharged: November, 2018 (date of last MOT)

Front brake discs, pads and callipers replaced: October, 2018

Handbrake Cable Replaced: September, 2018

Rear brake discs, pads, and callipers replaced: September, 2018

Xenon Headlamps replaced (inc. near-side ballast): August, 2018

Bodywork has a couple of small bubbles, but otherwise sound

Missing fixings by front headlamps (aesthetic only)

Will need at least 1 tyre in early New Year

No back window wiper

Back window tint film has been removed, but there is still residual film to be removed

Driver’s door check strap needs replacing

Driver’s side seat bolster worn

Interior is scruffy, but in overall good condition for age

Air Con recharged, but unsure as to whether the system is fully functional – may need checked.

It's not a bad example really and goes extremely well but isn't perfect. Car is in Central Scotland within easy reach of civilisation and we'd like £1200.

Will add pictures in a bit.

Good stuff, I really liked that car. As you said before they feel much more modern but are "still a Volvo". it's started appearing in my "Facebook memories", it was brilliant this time last year in the snow!

Sorry for changing the subject...

Mini for sale!

a supercharger makes the engine more efficient, right ? so better mpg's ? I'm clutching at straws here :)

I'd love to have a go on one of these round knockhill, the race series used to be in n/a coopers which I could pretty much keep up with in the mx5 on trackdays, now they're onto cooper S's and they leave me for dust on the straights :( 

what a relief there won't be any opportunities for excessive alcohol consumption over the next few days, I might do something silly

(pics please)

yep, same here - looks like a good 'un but as I'm currently selling my house with garage and two car drive and moving to.....bugger, I'd better sort something out soon or I'll be back living a my parents house. not the time for buying a new toy anyway :(

The pictures flatter it a bit, it's scruffier up close but it's not a hopeless minger and doesn't appear to have been seriously shunted either which seems to be a rarity on these.

If I hadn't just transferred for the 330 - I would be on this like dog hair on a sofa...……… Always wanted one - at least for temp ownership to tick it off the list. I've only ever been a passenger. This should be snapped up. If not - next payday I'm bankrupting myself!

Edit - in a week! aaarrgghhhhhhh

This is still here. Got some more recent pictures of it for those who are still drooling over a tiny Supercharged go-kart.

post-4786-0-75464400-1547058224_thumb.jpg

post-4786-0-13762500-1547058451_thumb.jpg

post-4786-0-01724900-1547058551_thumb.jpg

post-4786-0-18600900-1547058690_thumb.jpg

post-4786-0-12672400-1547058795_thumb.jpg

It's not perfect but it's not hinging either.

I looked these up and it said power can be 160 to 210bhp depending on the model.

Which one is this?

Looks like good fun no matter which.

Higher power is the John Cooper Works edition. Badge slapped on the back as an option but not always. Basically the increase in power is due to a pulley change on the supercharger. Hence many did it even if not originally a JCW out of the factory.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By egg
      It's a bit of an internal debate in my head as to whether to start a car specific thread on AS. My Mazda thread has become a reflection of costs of running a 25 year old car as a daily but doesn't get much traffic, my Mondeo thread has become a general MK1/2 Mondeo thread (happy about that) and my Invacar thread has become mainly about DVLA admin...but let's give it a go, see what happens.
      As documented in the news and elsewhere, here it is. Joey spud noticed straight away that it needs to be called Yummy with that number plate. But I expect the original owner was the proverbial little old lady rather than a yummy Princess-Di (had to been done) mummy.  In those days little old ladies had been Land Army girls in the war and could deal with the lack of PAS!

It was just 7 miles up the road from me on the edge of isle of Thanet (which is where the Mazda came from too) and the current owners kindly brought it over from their marshland home in the sticks.
      Paperwork was minimal @BeEP has kindly posted me an excellent set of owner manuals, which is great, and makes a car seem more loved straight away,

In consultation with @RobT who is a man of taste in such matters an appropriate keyring was sourced from eBay, priorities eh?

In it's first week with me, I've had the tracking done at a cost of £40 that has sorted out the lopsided steering wheel and generally improved the driving experience.
      Soon, I'll do a list of prioritised jobs. It has an MOT until October. 
      In true AS fashion it has no role on the fleet, or no actual need. But after I failed to secure a second 323 coupé, I just had to have it! I hope it can make an appearance at a future Kent shiters meet, and maybe a very buzzy and bouncy journey to shitefest in May? We'll see.
    • By garbaldy
      Not sure what the market for these are now as the seem to be priced all over the place,
      Anyone care to put a value on this pile of old shite
      I bought it with good intentions but decided to buy the hippo instead so this is now just sitting doing nothing
      it drives really well with a nice tight gear change, engine starts first time and runs really nice,
      it has chassis rust (don't they all) mainly back cross member, front driverside outrigger, and rear shock mount area,

• By Jazoli
      Yesterday I was in hospital having surgery on my ankle so rather than rest like the surgeon said I have arranged to go and collect my new car.
      I have been awake all night in pain so what could possibly go wrong! Luckily it's only a couple of hours round trip so I reckon I can do it, if I get really tired on the way back the accommodation in my new car is positively palatial and I can rest up on the heated rear seats.
      Can't wait!
    • By Cheezey
      A strange day yesterday where both me and Mrs Cheeze both bought cars. She is getting a 65 plate Civic which she says she will keep for 10 years - hopefully.

I got a Jaguar XJ6 4.0 Sovereign for significantly less than the cost of her Civic. I'd been keeping an eye on it on Gumtree the last month and the price had been creeping down and I managed to get it a bit cheaper still. With a bit of googling it appears it went through the Morris Leslie classic auction in August. I paid a bit less than it went through there at.

Surprisingly Mrs Cheeze likes it and my Dad loves it. There is some rust on the roof and a giffer repair on one of the arches but it seems solid. Scabby bits here and there but nothing terminal. It has done 59,000 miles and only seems to have done a couple of thousand in the last few years.

It drives nicely but doesn't change up as soon as it should I feel. It isn't going into third until 30mph and fourth isn't until about 75mph. You can induce it to change up by booting it and backing off but thats not ideal. I need to check the fluid level. If it is still doing it after that I'll get a gearbox service done on it.

It is surprisingly small inside. I went to pick up my big mate last night in it and even with the passenger seat right back he was struggling. He managed once I had reclined it a bit.

Some pictures. The pictures flatter it.