Flippin' immobilisers

Barry Cade

Anyone clued up on PATS on Fords? Works 06 tddi Transit Connect had a flat battery, took the battery out and charged it overnight, popped it back in and now it doesn't recognise the keys.Haven't had much time on it so far as it's 20 miles away, but checked and cleaned up a few earths as this can cause these issues, clocks were playing up a bit for a few weeks before- randomly dropping to zero and resetting the clock. Just wondered if anyone has fixed this as I have limited time to spend on it just now..

I fix loads of transit connect speedos, despite really not wanting to get involved, they end up on my desk about twice a month. I've done no real research into them, but there will be dry solder joints on the sockets and strange corrosion all over the PCB, it'll clean off with iso alcohol and very stiff brush. Sort that out and there's an 80% chance they're fixed.

I don't know if the clocks have a hand in the immobiliser - I heard someone once say they did, but there's nothing immobiliser looking on the PCB?