Dutch spots - UK spots actually this time...

michiel

Spotted just 30 minutes ago (bloody cold!) on a lunch break bike ride...

1972 GT Junior 1300

Posted Image

1958 Corvette in Hästens showroom, check those scalloped sides!

Posted Image

1980 Pontiac GP

Posted Image

Two Citroëns DS, both pics from a drive by shoot, so a little fuzzy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love those Volvo 1800 ESs. There was a totally mint, pale yellow one in a Volvo dealer's showroom near where I used to live a few years ago. Could never pass it without sticking my nose against the window like a skint kid gazing into a sweetshop!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, not much. 1978 GTE Automatic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I see this one a lot, stood for a while with a flat tire looking very sad, and I expected it to be a 518 or something low spec. Turns out it's a 1994 M5 3.8 litre Touring! The grey Astra in the back has been standing there for months, no rear lights, no mirrors, front well damaged, and parked in one of the most epxensive neighbourhoods... no hiabs here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Blue tints & wheels on a Kappa...

Posted Image

A 1982 RHD RR, perfect for urban life?

Posted Image

A 1972 Volvo 145 parked at the hospital morgue entrance...

Posted Image

...with its grandson

Posted Image

A 1986 BMW 325i that has seen a lot of action at Zandvoort

Posted Image

A nice, shabby original Dutch 250CE, 1969

Posted Image

Posted Image

Get the spanners out and drive one of these :roll:

Posted Image

And now for some nerdy stuff:

The Anadol was manufactured by Otosan Otomobil Sanayii in Istanbul between 1966 and 1986 and was Turkey's first production car.

It was originally powered by a Ford 1200 cc engine, increasing to 1300 cc in 1969 with an optional 1600 cc version from 1974 and was designed by the British Reliant company with styling by Ogle Design. The 5 seat body was built from glass fibre on a separate chassis and was originally only available as a coupé but in 1974 was joined by a saloon (sedan) and an estate version. The coupé was discontinued in 1978.

The Anadol was discontinued in 1986 when the factory turned to making a version of the Ford Taunus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anadol

The Anadol was to be made in NZ and sold as the ANZIEL NOVA by a chap called Allan Gibbs. For some reason nothing came of the project and only 1 car was ever seen. That car survived and was recently bought by Mr Gibbs for restoration.My recollection is that it was a coupe like the motor show car above.Gibbs is still about --- his latest is the Gibbs Aquada which may still be in "production"

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more, including a 1980 Transit:

Posted Image

A 1972 TR6:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 1991 Geo Storm:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 1978 Renault, just missed a Fiat 500 convertible driving past, as well as a race/rally 1973 Porsche 911 in Very Very Green, damn!

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I phone Greenpeace about this beached whale in the middle of Amsterdam, but the answerphone tells me they are welding seals somewhere or Klumming Seal or something, so I sat next to it for a while, stroked its head and watched it die. Then the owner turned up, got in and drove off. Turns out it's a 4 day old Bentley Brookeshields, my mistake.

Posted Image

NEWSFLASH: Worldwide recession forces A-team to sell the Van...

Posted Image

Also in this bulletin, still gong strong/they don't make them like they used too/old cars kill the planet and take our jobs:

Posted Image

And the experts discuss Dirty Diana: Crap song or cool car?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I haven't checked yet, but my large gut instinct is Anadol from turkey and based on Mk 1 Cortina with fibreglass body.Lets see :)

Never seen or heard of these before. The side windows are clearly Mk 1 Cortina, but that's the only clue!
The first Anadols were designed/styled by Reliant to be made in Turkey, they were made out of fibreglass. Never seen a four door one before, the originals were 2 doors.

NEWSFLASH: Worldwide recession forces A-team to sell the Van...

Posted Image

Thats fantastic! Back in the early 90s a bodykitted Micra had about the same kudos as a bodykitted Yugo or a bodykitted Proton... I think that one might actually be a factory job tho.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, either I've seen it all now or I just don't spend enough time outside... or the scrappage thing kicked in (don't think so though, only 750 to 1000 euros over here so hardly anyone will scrap anything). Just a few spots:

A nice 1965 Dart:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a 1988 Biturdo:

Posted Image

Posted Image