Dutch spots - UK spots actually this time...

michiel

1991 Malaga looking pretty fine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Truly something I have not seen for many years, just like the Regata it's based on which was built until 1990 I think?? Scary to think how short most examples' lives must have been.

Posted Image

I used to have a shite Majorette model of a blue car simply called 'Oldsmobile' underneath it. I always wondered what the fook it was and why it looked a bit like a Cortina or something. Now I know 8)

Here you go

Posted Image

It also comes as a rally version,but I haven't got one of those :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went through some boxes of holiday photos (analogue stylee), not many cars in them, but here's what I found:

Crete, accidental GS Break spot when I took a pic of our hire car:

Posted Image

Barcelona, ca. 1992:

Posted Image

Saint Malo, early 1990s:

Posted Image

Paris, late 1980s probably:

Posted Image

Sables d'Or-Les Pins (near Plurien, France), same holiday as the Saint Malo shot:

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Yep! The Lord & Satan know that sharing a car is good for the environment...

Just a few, 85 Alfetta:

Posted Image

81 Baur 316:

Posted Image

72 242:

Posted Image

72 600E

Posted Image

73 Mini 1000 with nice wheels and a cage:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a 74 Daf 33... in Ikea of all places.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1)I should have taken a closer look at the wheels, sorry!2)I think it's there just to show how you can put storage racks in your garage, or how you can use Ikea to store your car if you work there - or maybe someone mixed up the Daf/Volvo connection?

Your Ikea looks alot different to ours. UK Ikea is basically just a massive scrum, everywhere you look people poking & prodding and getting in each others way, and the display stuff is usually battered to shit. At least there you might have a good chance of encountering other shoppers and Ikea staff who speak english though. :roll: Liking the Alfa, them wheels look like Borbet 'B' design, worth a few quid (as I found out after I'd basically given some away)

The only reason I ever go to IKEA is to buy hot dogs and take advantage of the unlimited refills policy on pop. Apparently they also do sofas and suchlike.

The only reason I ever go to IKEA is to buy hot dogs and take advantage of the unlimited refills policy on pop. Apparently they also do sofas and suchlike.

I only go there under extreme duress, and only then if I am GUARANTEED Hot Dog & pop as a treat when we are one.

I only go there under extreme duress, and only then if I am GUARANTEED Hot Dog & pop as a treat when we are one.
I have been there, well I drive a Volvo estate so it's compulsory at some point, but found it was full of rip-offs of 1960s/1970s design and my original stuff is still ok. Still the free coffee was ok (I'm sure it was free, well no-one asked me to pay for it)
If I have to go I make it bearable by taking the chance to spy some yummy mummies!

In 10 years time our Ikea will be as much a no fun zone as the ones in the UK, it gets worse every time I go there (usually I have to go several times because at least two or three items on the list are out of stock) - the 'garage' was an exceptionally quiet corner of this Ikea though.

I once went in looking for car parts :?

Posted Image

They've made the local one much more user friendly of late by actually giving you, the shopper, the responsibilty that comes with actually taking your trolley right up to your car! Also fine for popping in for the odd thing when I used to come past on the way home from work at around 4pm. No one there at school-out time.

I think it's there just to show how you can put storage racks in your garage, or how you can use Ikea to store your car if you work there - or maybe someone mixed up the Daf/Volvo connection?

:lol: I recommed going to Ikea in a battered-to-shit Sprinter van and absolutely denying the existence of every other car/pedestrian. I found it an effortless shopping experience. Also proof that your mum can lift heavier things than anyone :)

No Ikea this time... I've spotted this 1972 P6 before, but it looks like it hasn't been used in a long time, it's now parked on a commercial estate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know if it has seen any serious war action since 1983, but it's certainly crusty:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also from 1983:

Posted Image

MegaTarp, last used to cover the Titanic. Late 70s Continental probably?

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you look closely you'll see a Peugeot 404 with a beige front, yellow roof and blue doors & rear wings...

Posted Image