Fiat X1/9

Fabergé Greggs

36 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

Same here, they were weren’t sold widely over here, though a few were  converted to rhd. 

I knew someone in Germany who had one back in the day, might have been a Murena though, not sure any more.  I remember it having a lovely interior, but it was very troublesome and turned out to have horrendous rust hidden under the immaculate plastic body panels.

8 minutes ago, Inspiral_Mondays said:

I knew someone in Germany who had one back in the day, might have been a Murena though, not sure any more.  I remember it having a lovely interior, but it was very troublesome and turned out to have horrendous rust hidden under the immaculate plastic body panels.

I’ve heard they rust as badly as a 1970s Simca, same with the none Grp bits of the rancho.  

IIRC the Bagheera had precious little paint on the chassis never mind stonechip or wax and they dissolved with gallic alacrity, whereas the Murena had some* protection and lasted a typical 1970s car lifetime without undue*corrosion.

• 9 months later...
On 1/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, richardmorris said:

No, it’s the Eurosport “sports” one.  Was a bit blowy at 4500 rpm but was on my car for 11 years. It was all that was available at the time.  Its been quite bearable at an indicated 80mph, and gets quieter after this point. Max I’ve had was showing 100, at which point the front was getting noticeably light. Drove across France to Alsace with it eight years ago, a bit buzzy but fun.

New original spec shape is now £174! The huge stainless one on the pic is weirdly a lot more subdued but has a rather nice tone.

I kept the broken one for my friend to weld up in case the stainless one was too loud. In fact I love the new one so was about to Chuck the broken one. It’s not actually rusted, just sheared the braket.

https://www.eurosport-uk.net/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Exhaust&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1&zenid=f871a9d75ecab8863b45b0939a77bbf9

If you want it, you can have it. Free to collect.

Is this still available by any chance?