Fiat X1/9

Fabergé Greggs

I had a black Icsunonove about 20 years ago.  I remember it having very comfy seats and being refined with the top off, it was a good long distance car.  Gear-change was like a wooden spoon in a bucket of gravel; panic braking would immediately lock the fronts, it gave me a very rapid lesson in weight transfer.  Very characterful cars and I wouldn't mind another, but getting a replacement exhaust was difficult even then, what's the spares situation like now?

I had a black Icsunonove about 20 years ago.  I remember it having very comfy seats and being refined with the top off, it was a good long distance car.  Gear-change was like a wooden spoon in a bucket of gravel; panic braking would immediately lock the fronts, it gave me a very rapid lesson in weight transfer.  Very characterful cars and I wouldn't mind another, but getting a replacement exhaust was difficult even then, what's the spares situation like now?

Probably better than ever.

Eurosport stock most things for same day despatch.

http://www.eurosport-uk.net/shop/

Exhausts are £171. I actually have a hand made stainless one to go on the car at some point, bought it with the interior from a GF that they guy had turned into a hill climb car. Paid £40!

I have a Lido in the pending file. Bought it to save it from rotting away on a driveway. It neds a lot of work but there are so few decent 1300s left it seems a shame to let it go. The problem is that to do one properly would be expensive.

One of the true greats and a fantastic bit of design. Bertone bust a gut on them and Fiat couldn't have cared less.

I have a Lido in the pending file. Bought it to save it from rotting away on a driveway. It neds a lot of work but there are so few decent 1300s left it seems a shame to let it go. The problem is that to do one properly would be expensive.

One of the true greats and a fantastic bit of design. Bertone bust a gut on them and Fiat couldn't have cared less.

I did a bit of work to this one, one of the best Lido's left. IIRC restoration costs were around 20k....

post-62-0-18255500-1545425665_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-18644500-1545426174_thumb.png

spaceout.gif

I remember reading about these in Hot Car in the 70's and thinking they were a working mans Ferrari.

They still look terrific but haven't seen one on the road for many years.

Top work with this, and hope you can get the welding done before it dissolves in its Italian manner. 

Always liked them, always been too big and fat to fit in one properly

My brother in law is 6”2 and fits but perhaps not comfortably. I’m 5”10 and fit well. My dad. Used to be 6ft and was ok driving it.

Anyone near me ( gu24) in the summer is welcome for a passenger trip. Or even at field of dreams meets.

I’ve got to 60 on the drive, but had a telling off from the fuzz ( given that James, viscount Wessex drives at 30mph and he’s ten years old what are they going to do?) Told them I was testing the new brakes!

The most I’ve seen on the clock was 95. It was runninging brilliantly but getting noticeably light at the front and starting to wander a little. Wary of the Lamborghini Muira photo with the front wheels clear of the ground I backed off.

post-8687-0-24682700-1545428742_thumb.jpeg

They'll pull 110, and I'm 6"4...and even slept in it once or twice. Did Fife-Stanstead in 1 sitting with no pain.

Beautiful lift off oversteer, until the point of no return,then they'll spin in their own length. Rolled one at 60, roof off. Not a scratch and drove it home. Easiest car I've ever found to heel and toe as well, and prolongs syncro's which are weak- most syncro's are killed by the wrong oil though.

I bought a pair of these off the brother of a workmate two years ago, he'd run out of patience and I think was getting domestic earache about them.post-26064-0-46876700-1545469516_thumb.jpgpost-26064-0-36017800-1545469624_thumb.jpg

The one in the first picture was complete and running, the other had had the running gear removed but was a better shell. I didn't really want them until he said "just give me 100 and take 'em both"

Great fun car, used to drive the GF's silver one, reg ended in 19X..... ah, ULC 19X

likened it to a ballet shoe, fitted perfectly and was like a go kart, just needed

the 2 liter twin cam engine really.   10/10

(anyone got a set of those three-spoke alloys WITH CENTER CAPS!!) for my 900e  ????)