V**hall Carlton 2.3TD. Insurance finally sorted!

sutty2006

Does my absolute head in that type of shenanigans. 

Happened to a bloke at work that 1000000000000% I trust as he is the most honest person ever, someone in a traffic jam reversed into him trying to turn around to get away from traffic. Went to court and its our word against his and as we was behind we obviously drove into him. he also had to have time of work with a bad back after the 2mph shunt etc ect.  Ended up being a 9k claim in total against us. 

Dash cams now fitted in all vehicles.

Today a parcel arrived. Another clock! Nothing’s worse than not being able to tell the time while driving, the old clock FTP’d not long after I bought the car, and thanks to mr Burnside for pulling this and an interior light out of a scrapper. 

Another parcel arrived the day before yesterday too, another wing trim panel and a boot solenoid. All of the same scrap motor. Boot solenoid still not locking with the central locking though, so I might have an issue somewhere else. But a full set of trims down both sides is a bonus! 

F25AEA96-D04E-4712-A73D-35A7D05A7866.jpeg

D78F6DA5-6FB1-4484-9B8B-40BCF0D664C9.jpeg

So I decided to have a look into why the boot solenoid doesn’t work. Stuck s multimeter in the plug and operated the drivers lock until no line had a full 12 v down it. Then traced the wiring from the solenoid into the boot, where a cracked cable cover showed up a broken wire. And boom, fixed that and it all works again. Well happy. That’s it now. Everything works on this car as it should. Only job left is to swap the drivers window with the old one so that the number plate etching matches up. Just need a few tools from work to do that. 

50FB0D83-6E69-4BAE-B78B-ABCFF66F84A8.jpeg

CA38FAD3-DE63-4D7D-8C93-7EC616D2507B.jpeg

653C2B2A-A83C-40CE-B598-BBC245DFC332.jpeg

So I was bored yesterday. Took the front seats and rear swab out. Then took the rear carpet out. Soaked the rear carpet in upholstery cleaner and proceeded to jet wash it. Also jet washed me snap on floor mats and replaced the manky sound proofing with new. Refitted the carpet. Cleaned the outer trims and seat base mount trims. Refitted the seats. Boom. All clean. Simply lovely. Glad it was 33degres yesterday! 

BAA28930-BA9A-4696-B2F8-796D6BFEC4E5.jpeg

7C3469D0-E75B-43F5-AD4F-6B7E3C71D052.jpeg

So when I left work last night I got the drivers window down about 3 inches before hearing a crunch. Ouch. Took a bit of jiggling to get it up again.....ooooo eeeerrrrr. 

Ive been needing an excuse to refit the original drivers window from the original door due to the security* etching rego Mark.... I like things to add up. Luckily I’d got spare everything for this door. I had to strip the bear bones off it to get the window and motor out. I found the exterior door handle metal retaining pin had become dislodged (probably from when the body shop had removed and refitted it to paint) and not refitted it correctly. What a nightmare getting all that back together. Also used the seals and runners from original door as they are in better condition than the ones on this door. 

C2F3E80D-0D55-4120-AC78-65E42CA08FBD.jpeg

DCDDA3CE-F021-42AE-B3A4-13E4B044E074.jpeg

A39B5740-4B90-4CD7-831F-398C1FD96484.jpeg

9AF81FBB-8252-40F8-AF3E-7C356D7B48CE.jpeg

8B2E1C56-DBBE-4558-915D-863AFE768689.jpeg

• 1 month later...

So I must have jinxed myself today. I’ve been out again this morning to drop some items off at the florist for our wedding end of the month. When I got back in the car I noticed the drivers door trim missing, again. Same trim that got knocked off by the prick in the Audi. So I ended up re tracing my steps to find out where it’s gone, and if it’s saveable. I had a feeling where it might be, a rough section of roundabout on the A500. Sure enough, there it is sat on the road between the two lanes......battered. Crap. 

So that’s two trim panels from the same door, about 25 yards from each other on the same roundabout. Not a happy bunny! 

C0794D02-E2C2-42F6-AB44-C39E192BAB39.jpeg

2EE0967F-315B-4E7C-83EE-18B21CA76DD6.jpeg

So it’s been a while since I’ve heard any updates in regards to the insurance claim against the w**ker in the Audi hitting my drivers side. I emailed the insurance handler that has been dealing with it for the last 10 months and had a reply from someone different. My handler (Miss X) for identity purposes has left the company. Great. And the new handler has emailed me with this 

“Good Morning Steven. 

Please be advised that (Miss X) is no longer with the company, therefore I will now be your file handler.

Upon review of your case I can see from the third parties engineer report and lack of the third parties vehicle registration shown on the footage, we are struggling to get an admission of liability, as they continue to deny that they were involved in a collision.

We may need to look to utilise your insurance policy to look to claim back your repair costs, but your excess of £100.00 will be applicable.

This would mean that your insurers would pay your repair costs, but you would need to pay the excess.

We could then look to see if we can recover the £100.00 from the Motor Insurance Bureau as an untraced third party vehicle.

Please advise how you would like me to proceed.

Kind Regards,”

fuming. Utterly fuming. 

So this now means that if I go and run into someone and cause damage, so long as I deny involvement and drive off from the scene I’ll get away with it. I’m awaiting a phone call from my insurance so I can bang some heads together as I’m not in a position to let that pompous Audi twat get away with it. 

The insurance trade is weird.  I once caused a crash, destroying my (almost worthless & 3rd party only) BMW and an innocent Renault 21.

No obvious immediate injuries but whiplash certainly likely.  I fill in a claim form....job done. Never heard another word.

And again, I wrecked my (comprehensive) Avantime's engine with flood water, claimed by phone, insurer "wrote it off" and I received almost what I had paid for the car within a month.

It’s been a couple of weeks since I had a conversation with my new* insurance claim handler (previous must have abandoned ship). Last I heard they were sending over the screen shots from my phone of the pictures of both cars all taken at the same time and questioning the assessors report on the damage to his Audi. 

Yesterdays phone call went well. Their conversation with the other insurance company was more helpful this time. They know I’m right. They know he’s wrong, and they’ve also told my nice insurance lady that he admitted following me to Asda car park that morning. Boom. Look forward to this ending soon.