Sign in to follow this  
dean36014

Trailer tent, £30 in coventry, must go this weekend

Right i bought this to do the car shows next year, but now i have an XM estate big enough to sleep in I don't need it. First off, I've never opened it out to check it although the owner stored it in a garage and assured me it was ok. It has no top cover with it, I used a tarp to get it home. Its a braked trailer with a spare wheel. The link below shows the very poor pictures from when I got it off ebay. I need it to go this weekend, as i need to put a car in the garage. It the tent bit is knackered you've a cracking basis to make a braked car trailer for tip runs etc. It towed fantastic at 70 mph behind my Bx. Collect from coventry, can't deliver as my only ca with a towball has sprung another leak.

Ebay link to pictures.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACLET-TRAILER-TENT-/192699340020?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=8bgCJknj8%252B2xXBS1UXZXotdKLsI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc 

Right i bought this to do the car shows next year, but now i have an XM estate big enough to sleep in I don't need it. First off, I've never opened it out to check it although the owner stored it in a garage and assured me it was ok. It has no top cover with it, I used a tarp to get it home. Its a braked trailer with a spare wheel. The link below shows the very poor pictures from when I got it off ebay. I need it to go this weekend, as i need to put a car in the garage. It the tent bit is knackered you've a cracking basis to make a braked car trailer for tip runs etc. It towed fantastic at 70 mph behind my Bx. Collect from coventry, can't deliver as my only ca with a towball has sprung another leak.

Ebay link to pictures.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACLET-TRAILER-TENT-/192699340020?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=8bgCJknj8%252B2xXBS1UXZXotdKLsI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Proper bargain assuming the canvas isn't knackered...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

The previous owner towed it with a Smart car!

Is that the Smart in the background on the pics? I recognise that from the Smart forums years ago. Thought it had long since disappeared!

Slightly better tow capacity than trike. Trike can tow 500kg,weight plate states 600kg so I won't risk it. Just trying to see if I can get it sorted.

Whereabouts are you Bub?

Might have been able to pick it up on Monday afternoon if could wait that long and bring it over to you whilst I'm out for work... Not too far out my way..

We must all step in! I'll pick it up tomorrow, store it in Herefordshire. Once I've finished the BX I'm storing there I will tow it back to Bristol. Then someone else can take it to the North East combining it with a collekshun fred, then finally it gets towed behind a bike to Glasgow. Another one saved!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By davehedgehog31
      I've had various threads on the go for different collections this year, but thought I'd condense my threads into one manageable thread to document my ham-fisted tinkering.

At the turn of the year I was driving a nice, dependable, modern 2011 Peugeot 407 and no other vehicle. It was nice enough, but boring as feck. I'd bought it after a series of disastrous heaps in the awkward age bracket of being new and valuable enough to worry about but old enough to be fucked. The 407 was just too new, too bloated and dull. I had a hankering for old metal, my Mineral Oil withdrawal pangs were strong.

From January I started looking, there were eBay bids, missed reserves, wasted trips from Gumtree and other such nonsense. I happened on an automatic Rover 216 GSI with one giffer owner from a year old. The chap was giving up driving at 93 years old and his grandson was moving it on. I bid, and failed. It was in London though, about 420 miles away so I wasn't all that bothered. Of course when he offered it to me for my losing bid after the winning buyer was a no show I said yes. I was on the Megabus down to that London overnight for about £15. I hung about in Liverpool Street station like a mad shivering jakey until my train out to the suburb for my first sight of the new steed. It was battered outside but had been well looked after. A frankly insulting amount of cash changed hands and I was away up the road.

We had many adventures together, it was dependable and it whet my appetite for interesting old motors again and proved that the very bottom end of the market was navigable if I had the patience to wade through the sea of shit to find the odd pearl.

The 407 was still on the fleet at this point but I was covering a lot of miles in the Rover, with a long commute though the fuel economy wasn't ideal. When a friend's mother was looking for a new diesel saloon to replace the faithful old Xsara she had a scheme was concocted. I sold the 407 to her and was on the hunt for an interesting replacement.

When I was growing up my dad had a succession of hopeless shitters, indeed I was brought home from the hospital as a newborn in a brush painted Skoda Super Estelle. The best car he had was a red XUD Peugeot 405 with air conditioning and electric windows. So when I found a 1994 GTXD advertised by someone who could actually compose a car advert in the fashion you would expect of a human being educated to a Primary School level, I pounced.

Of course I couldn't buy a car just down the road so it was on the train to Birmingham. First class no less. I stayed in an absolute flea pit of a hotel and drove up the road the next day. This was a proper bit of nostalgia and a really practical borderline classic car. It had been fastidiously maintained by the previous owner. Apart from there being a hole where there was once a stereo and the lack of working air con it was a pleasant drive home.

Given their relative scarcity and how dependable this one has proven so far, it's a keeper, I'd struggle to part with it.

Two cars just wasn't enough to worry about, so this Citroen C1 was acquired. Pure Aleppo spec. A camel can go for weeks, or months without stopping at a watering hole, the C1 has a similar thirst for Motor Spirit. Man maths were employed and worked out that it would easily* pay for itself.

There have been further movements, I'll recap them shortly. I should probably do some work.
    • By Fabergé Greggs
      Lads, lads, lads. Its been ages since I bought a thing, and I LOVE BUYING THINGS. I couldn’t sleep last night, for instance. 
      I feel great because buying vehicles SOLVES ALL OF LIFE’S PROBLEMS (apart from parking permits). 
      Anyway, I just agreed to buy a thing, with collection commencing today or tomorrow. 

In the meantime, let’s spy on the vendors house on street view shall we? My little bundle of joy is tucked in behind that rather tasty 164. 

• By flat4alfa
      1998 SUBARU IMPREZA NON-TURBO AWD MANUAL ESTATE WITH ROOF BARS AND MASSIVE FOGLIGHTS FOR DOOM SCENARIOS
      Bought this off Bramz last month, done a few hundred miles in it.  Perfectly reliable, school run kaos etc
      But had some sudden and big household bills loom, so having a big sell-off

MOT is only to end of this month though. But everything works - all windows, no dash warnings; it's been a handy and hunky dory motor car.  Interior tidy.  Exterior pretty clean, bar the odd knock and scuff and arch bubble.  It's not a shed by any means.
      History file though up to a point, recent bills for service items, but cambelt roulette.  132k.  Tyres are about 18 months old, but they are budget ditchfinders.  I intended to keep it, wanted this exact spec for years, but will have to let it go after all.
      It will need that dicky front caliper replacing as the stickiness comes back after a few days after freeing it off.  Discs look to have little time left on them too.  Bonus is being the non-Turbo it has drums on the rear.  Synchromesh scratchy when cold, clutch feels a bit crunchy action but plenty of meat there
      Bonuses are: it's green, it's the estate, excellent heater, it's AWD for snowzombievirus kaos, got insurance cover it on classic multicar policy (Hagerty) as now it's old enough 1998
      I just need to get my money back.  It owes me 400 notes.  Can go today
      Yes, the number plate is now fixed properly

Located M1 corridor Watford <> Luton
      £7 a ticket or 3 for £20
      Bargain.
      I'm keeping the Alfa 156 Wagon for now 
    • By C1am
      Well, OK, just a few brochures for sale, after having sorted through my pile over Christmas.

The postage price will vary according to weight, so the prices below exclude postage - we'll sort this out in PMs. Obviously, if anyone wants more than one, I'll send them together. All are in excellent condition, with some very minor age related creases.