Oli’s cars Reliant Jubilee Robin, Rover Metro Rio, Rover 211i, Rover 75 Club CDTi Tourer, AC Model 70

OliD-E

https://www.flickr.com/photos/julianjb/4868606668/in/photostream/

it is a bit of a long shot given it was 10 years ago, but seeing as the guy bought the lump for use in his haflinger He probably does not have any use for the gearbox so might be worth asking if he still has it kicking around somewhere

the pulleys on it look to be in fairly good health as well :) 

1 hour ago, OliD-E said:

Well I lost the body so i am not sure what to do now project KPL is not looking good

Sorry to hear that, I had feared such :(

yeah the body went for silly money! I have seen entire complete Model 70's go for less!

will be interesting to see who that ended up with, or if the winning bidder actually pays for it! who knows might end up re-listed again if your lucky :)

Sorry to hear that, I had feared such 
yeah the body went for silly money! I have seen entire complete Model 70's go for less!
will be interesting to see who that ended up with, or if the winning bidder actually pays for it! who knows might end up re-listed again if your lucky

It was Mark Sharrat who bought it

There is possibly a plan B here as i have been told that TPE 376S is possibly for sale there are two problems with this 1 its on the isle of sky 2 i really didn’t want to have to break another Invacar but this ones chassis is completely rotten so much so that the front wheel has collapsed which is part of the reason why it is apparently £150 79c1f73d89058225971b1fafa9c8f03b.jpgc19faa81b0ace4302c8e0f3d6bd9a115.jpge5b928b8c919ea23f6020efc347300f1.jpga650a9fda79e5811dc830d46c4abd08d.jpg It does also have most of the other parts i need on it

3 hours ago, OliD-E said:

There is possibly a plan B here as i have been told that TPE 376S is possibly for sale there are two problems with this 1 its on the isle of sky 2 i really didn’t want to have to break another Invacar but this ones chassis is completely rotten so much so that the front wheel has collapsed which is part of the reason why it is apparently £150 79c1f73d89058225971b1fafa9c8f03b.jpgc19faa81b0ace4302c8e0f3d6bd9a115.jpge5b928b8c919ea23f6020efc347300f1.jpga650a9fda79e5811dc830d46c4abd08d.jpg It does also have most of the other parts i need on it

funnily enough I was going to recommend that one as another option, but I had heard the guy wanted £LOL for it, however £150 sounds very reasonable to me, I just wonder what condition the engine/Pulleys are in given the elements they have been exposed to

its actually only 1 of 2 Model 70s I have seen with rust issues (the other one being RRE20L, apparently that ones chassis was also pretty FUBAR)

4 hours ago, OliD-E said:

It was Mark Sharrat who bought it

well hopefully it goes towards putting one of his running chassis back on the road :) (or better yet also makes moulds from the sections his 2nd rolling chassis and your KPL :) )

(I know he ended up with 2 of the running chassis too, UPF516M and  WOO871S, I Think GPB545N is now in Poland as a spares unit to a Model 70 with no reg that was also shipped over there)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right update time lots has happened I haven’t posted anything about it
1st off we have the Metro which went away for welding a2533cff84a09196b165a69a749ac0a2.jpg that didn’t go well so its on its way back home for either me to do it or for it to go somewhere else
Next is the 75 this has had various things including the thermostat being done as it had snapped in half gearbox oil changed which was very overdue PCV filter pollen filter and air filter all of which were disgusting aswell as various bits of trim from a scrapyard in Hull and two badges replaced
2acf5d3260328ab154dae769ea7d8436.jpgi have also since my last post bought a Rover 25 with 9000 miles at first i bought it with a friend as a project but as it was stored at his Grans and she kept being bothered by scrapmen asking if she wanted to sell it to them it had to go so i bought itb2ec37670b472f39fcb89b0ce5e8c4a2.jpg The Robin has had lots going on it has had the diff pinion seal changed gearbox front and rear seals changed and the little spring for 1st and 2nd gear to stop it jumping out of gear in traffic and had a new radio fitted the next job will be fitting electronic ignition 5db02f077ceb8780ccc1de823c4ac9ed.jpga4b48ce0caf2fbadf38526080bf99772.jpg finally the Invacar i can officially say i have started work on this now as i have started taking the body off for chassis welding and painting aswell as painting the front suspension and steering components i am currently waiting to figure out when to go and get TPE the donor car from the isle of Skye then i can start rebuilding everything i have also courtesy of Dez found out that my outriggers have been messed about with they have been cut and bent in then secured with two bolts there is some more welding for me to do 57843d0db02e51dbd26da9a2cece5f50.jpg9cf9d35fa5109177be5d33533daf4d04.jpg The CityRover is still broken and sat at the bottom of the hill waiting for some attention and the 200 is fine

• 2 months later...

Right time for an update I think I need to post just a little bit more regularly 

So this weekend I am off to the isle of Skye to collect TPE 376S I am not quite sure how I am going to get it on and off the trailer but Graham the owner says he has a JCB so I think I may have to utilise that sadly nothing more has happened to KPL apart from me breaking the dashboard

In Rover news I have begun the Metro weldathon starting with the boot floor And tbh for my first time welding I am pretty pleased with it Sadie the 211 is currently in hibernation but did come out last weekend for some polishing and as I have decided to change 90% of the nuts screws bolts etc to stainless steel ones Roo the 75 (which is meant to be the winter car) has decided that she doesn't need an alternator typically when she is actually needed so I am in the process of fixing this 

In Reliant news there really isn't anything going on still going perfectly fine 

and the Rover 25 will be going soon so sadly will the CityRover but to Craig Cheetham so a good home I think

then I will be on the lookout for a 1.4 45 400 or Streetwise

• OliD-E changed the title to Oli’s cars Reliant Jubilee Robin, Rover Metro Rio, Rover 211i, Rover 75 Club CDTi Tourer, AC Model 70
13 minutes ago, OliD-E said:

Right time for an update I think I need to post just a little bit more regularly 

So this weekend I am off to the isle of Skye to collect TPE 376S I am not quite sure how I am going to get it on and off the trailer but Graham the owner says he has a JCB so I think I may have to utilise that sadly nothing more has happened to KPL apart from me breaking the dashboard

Woo more Invacar news :) 

I Look forward to seeing detailed pictures of TPE376S, im curious just how rotten it is in places LOL, im also curious what its story is

ie how did it get to skye and how did the soon to be previous owner get ahold of it etc!

be careful when moving them by JCB its VERY easy to inflict body work damage using one, which especially in this case is not what you want since your buying TPE376S for her body!

as an example see the damage to the field find cars or the 4 recent survivors on my thread

(on the 4 recent survivors especially, I was told that they where body work damage free, until they were ripped out by a JCB)

7 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Woo more Invacar news :) 

I Look forward to seeing detailed pictures of TPE376S, im curious just how rotten it is in places LOL, im also curious what its story is

ie how did it get to skye and how did the soon to be previous owner get ahold of it etc!

be careful when moving them by JCB its VERY easy to inflict body work damage using one, which especially in this case is not what you want since your buying TPE376S for her body!

as an example see the damage to the field find cars or the 4 recent survivors on my thread

(on the 4 recent survivors especially, I was told that they where body work damage free, until they were ripped out by a JCB)

That is a good point but I don't see another way of getting it on the trailer as it doesn't roll

7 minutes ago, OliD-E said:

That is a good point but I don't see another way of getting it on the trailer as it doesn't roll

you don't have access to a telehandler do you? (what sort of JCB are we talking about here)

I know thats how DW got TWC and TPA into his rented 7.5 tonner

other option is, take a bunch of tools with you and disassemble the body and load it up by hand since fibreglass weighs sweet FA, tho while the body is only held on with a few bolts, god knows how rusted stuck they are!

(at least then you just have to load the remains of the chassis by JCB)

it might not be a bad idea in general depending on how compromised the chassis is, the body is not meant to be load bearing so if the chassis splits in half then that wont be doing the body any favours!

you could also take a set of good wheels with you and a brake adjuster tool with you and see if you can get it rolling?

or maybe a powerful winch and some ramps just drag it up!

just throwing some ideas out there!

2 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

you don't have access to a telehandler do you? (what sort of JCB are we talking about here)

I know thats how DW got TWC and TPA into his rented 7.5 tonner

other option is, take a bunch of tools with you and disassemble the body and load it up by hand since fibreglass weighs sweet FA, tho while the body is only held on with a few bolts, god knows how rusted stuck they are!

(at least then you just have to load the remains of the chassis by JCB)

it might not be a bad idea in general depending on how compromised the chassis is, the body is not meant to be load bearing so if the chassis splits in half then that wont be doing the body any favours!

you could also take a set of good wheels with you and a brake adjuster tool with you and see if you can get it rolling?

or maybe a powerful winch and some ramps just drag it up!

just throwing some ideas out there!

Not sure what type of JCB but it doesn't roll because the front suspension has collapsed so I don't think new wheels would make too much of a difference but it could be worth a try

6 minutes ago, OliD-E said:

Not sure what type of JCB but it doesn't roll because the front suspension has collapsed so I don't think new wheels would make too much of a difference but it could be worth a try

good point, but even if you can just get the wheels/whatever contacts the ground now up in the air and get some "sleds" underneath it may make life a bit easier!

well heres the DHSS workshop manual For the Model 70 three wheeler, may come in handy on the weekend! especially if you decide to disassemble the body prior to loading (id say see page about jacking points, but on TPE im not sure if they have any structural integrity any more!)

OCR means its been scanned in such a way that you can search it for a specific text or phrase if you want/need to :) 

DHSS Workshop Manual For The Model 70 Three Wheeler(OCR).pdf

52 minutes ago, egg said:

Well, my Invacar was dragged off the trailer by hand, but appreciate getting it on that way might be harder, and a Model 70 is somewhat heavier! Good luck.

I know revenue weight for a Mk12E is 305Kg, the revenue weight for a Late Model 70 Mark B is 413Kg so id say TPE is about 110Kg heavier then XWC :) 

To be fair, me and my husband manually lifted TPA out of the back of a van...so it shouldn't be too impossible to unload.  Given I can lift the engine and box myself without too much difficulty that being present shouldn't make it unmanageable.

You already know the request is coming...but once you start the strip down...can I pleeeeeeaaaaase buy the rear hubs off you?

Ok so as some of you are probably aware TPE is now home after a fairly uneventful 8 hour drive on the trailer Graham was a bit upset to see her go I think he must have had since 2008

DSC_0474.thumb.JPG.9e509618171487667ddb9004144d8123.JPGDSC_0477.thumb.JPG.7d555e629ce62ef50a342a3185b6bb06.JPGDSC_0485.thumb.JPG.865781ddcc82ca752a9ee7b9303bce85.JPGDSC_0487.thumb.JPG.d083e90042fdab6b8fed367111e8d1ba.JPGDSC_0491.thumb.JPG.d3ce0edd918d23d38272fdd3204bf447.JPGDSC_0495.thumb.JPG.a5991be08dcd811fdf52ab944e5d02be.JPGDSC_0469.thumb.JPG.88170277f610650c1e8fc624df23ce44.JPGDSC_0468.thumb.JPG.77f2f6acd9cdf947dff2f31954f46bd0.JPG

Here she is on grahams driveway where she was for those 11 years having previously been outside an antiques shop in Broadway Skye and before that on Shetland as you can probably imagine the chassis is non existent The engine actually fell out on the way back we managed to get her on the trailer using a mini digger and some old rope which then snapped so we had to use a ratchet strap 

DSC_0530.thumb.JPG.ffd313a46daaf4ea63a9ab22f0b5f2a7.JPG

I did see some good shite on the way back though including a Peugeot 505 Estate a Citroen BX Estate and a Fiat Marea Estate weirdly all in red

DSC_0532.thumb.JPG.3b175221675654da176a5e7899f32fce.JPG

The next morning I decided to give her a wash and all things considered I think she came up quite well I also put the covers back on

DSC_0536.thumb.JPG.7a471061293fcf797b1e429113212f54.JPGDSC_0535.thumb.JPG.0aeb25724fc7445bf87eecd31f119974.JPGDSC_0538.thumb.JPG.cad941f9dc58c008a329efa56244bbe2.JPG

Now I just need to figure out what to do next

happy to see this posted on the forum :) 

its a shame the chassis is so far gone, but at least thats the 1 good thing KPL has left so hopefully you will be able to use the running gear and body from TPE to get KPL back on the road :) 

theres some nice photographs there!

DSC_0495.JPG

interesting little extension/bracket that the brake flexie is mounted to

I dont think I have seen that before on a Model 70, (I wonder does it have a brake booster fitted or not?)

if it has one its not up front, so if it has one it will be mounted in the engine bay somewhere as seen here on Dolly

IMG_0659.JPG

happy to see this posted on the forum  
its a shame the chassis is so far gone, but at least thats the 1 good thing KPL has left so hopefully you will be able to use the running gear and body from TPE to get KPL back on the road  

DSC_0495.JPG.ca7e83c9ac5dc8464363fb892ac7de0f.JPG
I dont think I have seen that before on a Model 70, (I wonder does it have a brake booster fitted or not?)
if it has one its not up front, so if it has one it will be mounted in the engine bay somewhere as seen here on Dolly
IMG_0659.JPG.c411ef37f89ed15b65c0d30897fc9818.JPG

I will go and have a check now

Pretty sure KPL had that bracket.  It got removed as I recall because despite significant amounts of heat and brute force I couldn't get the original brake flexi hose separated from it.  May be thinking about TPA there too...as there was some swearing involved in changing it on both of them.

No brake booster I believe as there looks to be a line going straight from the master cylinder to the front wheel.  If there was a brake booster I'd expect the line to go to the booster, then from there to all the wheels.  So you'd see a second brake line on the bulkhead.

happy to see this posted on the forum  
its a shame the chassis is so far gone, but at least thats the 1 good thing KPL has left so hopefully you will be able to use the running gear and body from TPE to get KPL back on the road  

DSC_0495.JPG.ca7e83c9ac5dc8464363fb892ac7de0f.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG.c411ef37f89ed15b65c0d30897fc9818.JPG

There is no brake booster on TPE

47 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Pretty sure KPL had that bracket.  It got removed as I recall because despite significant amounts of heat and brute force I couldn't get the original brake flexi hose separated from it.  May be thinking about TPA there too...as there was some swearing involved in changing it on both of them.

No brake booster I believe as there looks to be a line going straight from the master cylinder to the front wheel.  If there was a brake booster I'd expect the line to go to the booster, then from there to all the wheels.  So you'd see a second brake line on the bulkhead.

interesting, I dont recall seeing it on REV, but I sadly dont have a picture of under her front service hatch, will have to grab one for referance at some point

I do have this photo of UPB262M, which is about 300 cars newer then TPA (but part of the same chassis batch) and I don't see that bracket, but im happy to be corrected!

UPB262M-1.thumb.JPG.c4c0f1dbd93e9a365dc6efb7107d0be5.JPG

I did however notice that it in this Model 70, from page 38 of my thread (sadly details of this Model 70 is not known, other then its in miami!)

313_p12_l.jpg