Oli’s cars Reliant Jubilee Robin, Rover Metro Rio, Rover 211i, Rover 75 Club CDTi Tourer, AC Model 70

OliD-E

I didn't know they had made a limited edition Robin for the 1977 Jubilee

48392879_10155600063566076_2298407175283

What better way of celebrating 25 years of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth II than buying a special edition tripod ( then fitting it with a towbar and going camping with a trailer tent)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update as I haven’t done one for a while

Poor little KPL has been buried

ae322b1e17cb8da4f2709f9d6bb527c8.jpg An engine has been sourced for her but has not been bought

85e59877d68e52603afaa2c4f80c6718.jpgand i am having a second attempt at buying a Rover 75 Tourer

fd92db9b45e17a874a759537ec0b255c.jpg apart from this the Robin still does not have a bonnet attached and Sadie the 200 does not have her rear view mirror back on but she does now have Bluetooth

I was wondering a while ago what happened to all the engines pulled from scrapped Model 70s, I imagined (especially being made of aluminium) they would of all gone to scrap, but also wondered if a scrap yard somewhere had a pile of them lying around sitting forgotten somewhere

that sure looks like the case in your pictures, I see some also have Gearboxes attached? do you know if your source has any of the pulleys?, (or complete Model 70s for that matter?  :mrgreen: ) it will be interesting to know if any of the distributors turn on those engines too :)

I was wondering a while ago what happened to all the engines pulled from scrapped Model 70s, I imagined (especially being made of aluminium) they would of all gone to scrap, but also wondered if a scrap yard somewhere had a pile of them lying around sitting forgotten somewhere

that sure looks like the case in your pictures, I see some also have Gearboxes attached? do you know if your source has any of the pulleys?, (or complete Model 70s for that matter? :mrgreen: ) it will be interesting to know if any of the distributors turn on those engines too :)

i am unsure about gearboxes however i know he does have a complete model 70 which I believe may be for sale

the one in your picture has most things still attached still at least :) you can see the gearbox+entire rear axel attached to it still the only thing it seems to be missing is pulleys (im guessing some just pulled it out of a scrap car in one big lump)

(you can see the 2 drive shafts, and also the 2 pulley shafts with the adjustment rod for adjusting the distance between em, looks like its sitting upside down)

on the model 70 for sale: ooooh got any more details on that?  :mrgreen:

because as you may have noticed slightly* from my thread on invacars, im very interested in them and look to acquire one too :)

the one in your picture has most things still attached still at least :) you can see the gearbox+entire rear axel attached to it still the only thing it seems to be missing is pulleys (im guessing some just pulled it out of a scrap car in one big lump)

(you can see the 2 drive shafts, and also the 2 pulley shafts with the adjustment rod for adjusting the distance between em, looks like its sitting upside down)

on the model 70 for sale: ooooh got any more details on that? :mrgreen:

because as you may have noticed slightly* from my thread on invacars, im very interested in them and look to acquire one too :)

just had a chat with him and it is not actually for sale sorry about that he has a Mk12 that is if thats any good

ohh alright, thanks for checking for me :)

im interested/looking for just Model 70s at the moment :) (I sadly dont have the money to go chasing after both a Model 70 and other invalid carriages/cars at the same time)

(I do find it a bit ironic that despite Mk12s being rarer then Model 70s they seem to be the only ones available atm  :mrgreen: )

What sort of condition? Any pictures? Fins a-go-go, like a miniature Cadillac.

somewhatfoolish might be interested in the Mk12 tho? (well he showed interest in the ones plasticvandan mentioned :) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

\\\\\\\\\\tell us more about the 75.

Did you ever find out about hairnet?

I have not found out about him yet the 75 is odd as on MGRover.info it is apparently a Connoisseur that was to be exported to Germany but still be RHD however it apparently has been in the same family from new and is speced like a Club and is absolutely filthy and needs a very good clean out

dc3dcf5379dc72a5c727812e13099b3b.jpg5de8d8b0ba71212b62f3a7fed611372e.jpgeccec56a8a0dc0d6185d1fa9e7095be3.jpgb1e9199b41e84dbd6e746cbde3d46400.jpgf61696629a11e6a2843d61826a9382ee.jpg Update time little KPL has had to be moved out of the workshop and into a field shelter temporarily Roo the 75 has had a much needed clean inside and out And I don’t like birds aswell as this the CityRover and Metro and Robin are put away for a while as i may have found somewhere to keep the CityRover and Metro so there isn’t as many cars at home

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news in CityRover world it has decided it doesn’t want its rear spring to be attached anymorea5f7bcc1d107aafcc686c853e457407c.jpg also the 75 has been getting most of the attention recently including a new rear wiper brakes a good clean out an oil change and a roof box ee79c2887491be1be2bbddd288e5fc3d.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well its been a while so i thought i would do another post not too much has happened first the 200 is now back on the road and i went to POL in it and it didn’t miss a beat does need the cooling system flushed though f205f8c7963b009ebd1f32c99f919bc2.jpg the 75 has come off the road as it needs some work doing the CityRover is now more broken and needs new HT leads as its only running on two cylinders I have found someone who will weld the Metro for a good price so that will hopefully be done soon 711b8e4b262829437cd3d9e6b80c594b.jpg The Robin also went on the road for a weekend for the first time since 1988 to go to a microcar meet that was local I have also finally fitted the bonnet 93974f5ec93e7f5ae70f863e248ab3a0.jpg and in Invacar world there is some very small news but i am quite excited about it i have ordered some number-plates to go on i am still not sure what to do about all the much bigger problems yet but i am sure i will work it out somehow dd4c0cdaace0753ab173774a842ca3f6.jpg In other news there is a possibility of a new project as i clearly don’t have enough already but I don’t know yet so i wont say anything

very cool stuff  I saw your reliant on the Microcar world FB page a week or 2 ago at that meet
funny you post an update as I was just thinking your situation given I have a lead on 2 Model 70s all of a sudden

Also I found another photo of an Invacar with a Q plate 004c5b5065094c5914f2122dbe6d215b.jpg

indeed it is very exciting, check out my thread for details :) 

indeed I have come across that Q plater before, theres some things I sadly cant share about it, but it was highly dodgy hence why its no longer in the UK (its in Sweden now with another Model 70 in someones personal collection)