Oli’s cars Reliant Jubilee Robin, Rover Metro Rio, Rover 211i, Rover 75 Club CDTi Tourer, AC Model 70

OliD-E

Cool to see your starting work on her right away, even if its just a scrub down, its amazing how well invacars seem to clean up despite most looking like they where dragged out of a coal mine :)

while Sleuthing through the RUMCars forum for all things Model 70, I came across this picture, while the invacar in the picture clearly aint KPL by the fact it has wheel arches and a steering wheel, I do wonder going by the caravan in shot and the fact KPL spent her "last days" as a caravan shunter, if the model 70 front end in the picture was KPLs originally? (sadly the post the picture comes from does not provide any useful info)

attachicon.gifScan_20180429 ( 8).jpg

i think the front end in the picture has been cut a lot further back than KPLs as KPL is cut just before the small hatch and the one in the photo looks to have been cut below the windscreen

I'll just leave the link there unless anyone has any objections. I keep realising I've not got the thing to hand when I need it so having a universally accessible copy is handy.

The wiper is actually one thing that might work electrically...as I don't think that is affected by me hacking stuff out.

That wiper motor works - the problem is the cable being seized in the tube. I've found the other bit of the spindle end (that trapezoidal shaped should have a plate on both front and rear) so will make sure that's sent on its way to you asap.

I feel really bad for how I hacked some of the wiring about now, just at the time I really didn't expect KP to wind up as anything other than a spares source or a major modification base. Plus the loom was pretty well shot anyway...still feel bad!

'KAO' is a Carlisle reg right? Do you know who sold the Metro originally? I wonder if it was John Elliott in Haltwhistle or that funny little Rover dealer in Gilsland. Or Lloyds of Carlisle obvs. Can I ask whereabouts you are?

it was John Elliot 1d45beeddc137b81aef890b8f364d0e8.jpg and I am in Northumberland

I'll just leave the link there unless anyone has any objections. I keep realising I've not got the thing to hand when I need it so having a universally accessible copy is handy.

The wiper is actually one thing that might work electrically...as I don't think that is affected by me hacking stuff out.

That wiper motor works - the problem is the cable being seized in the tube. I've found the other bit of the spindle end (that trapezoidal shaped should have a plate on both front and rear) so will make sure that's sent on its way to you asap.

I feel really bad for how I hacked some of the wiring about now, just at the time I really didn't expect KP to wind up as anything other than a spares source or a major modification base. Plus the loom was pretty well shot anyway...still feel bad!

I wouldn’t feel bad it was your spares car after all i am unsure if it was the cable being seized as the spindle was completely seized i have some of these as they are the same as on the Reliant

Wow I bet you're right near my old stomping ground. I used to work at Henshaw Garage on the A69 back in the day, are you anywhere near there? (I'm not trying to find you on google maps or owt BTW, just interested in the geography)

I’m in whitfield

Useful to have identified where another part was originally sourced from!

Only driven a River 100 once, I very briefly had a P plate (P45EST I think) one with the K Series engine... don't remember much about the car, feeling it was very watered down compared to my old Mk I, but remember thinking it was a sweet little engine.

Discovered the day after I got it that there was nothing to weld to to sort it...so it wound up given to a mate who took it banger racing. Apparently it lasted ages! It was free at least so no loss on my part.

A new bonnet has arrived for the Robin to replace the one that flew off on the way home from the NEC however it is wrong as the little ridges do nit line up and the hinges are in different places it may even be the wrong size however we shall see when I actually try to fit it 31f5a23f535bea5f68802bc65a77cf54.jpg in Invacar news we have a wiper fitted i don’t know if it works as I haven’t had a battery on the car yet but as the motor definitely works if the wiring is intact it should 95412774801b6a4a51d011e053bf7a5f.jpg