Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..

Floatylight

2 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Update- Handover complete, in Portsmouth collection Roffle Saab 9-3 from@dozeydustman after a very reasonable deal was struck with@gadgetgricey741612eaf88ca81b8fe28b5abe97e3a2.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Great buyage! I may be biased but Saabs are for winners!!

I can’t help but feel that the kerb standing arrangements in that photo should have been the other way round though... 

On 9/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, Floatylight said:

Mrs FL and I have had a fabulous weekend away in South Wales, 430 miles over the weekend avoiding motorways in the Mazda, great day on Saturday in Camerthen followed by a visit to Langland Bay, best drive was yesterday from Glenneath to Bridgend over the top of the mountains, fabulous road with loads of switchbacks, great fun.. although I think the Mazda's down on power a bit due to a Duff coilpack..

Also spotted a lovely Marina and an absolutely hanging Vectrad1f25c3cd893dcdb80884ab9c526af8e.jpg5ad59005ed499ca5c95470743aee9922.jpgb994b3669a48aabbc0edc8714802a993.jpg

0beaaf87d978cbef5884eadb71d9669e.jpg

Ah good old Langland, I grew up about a 5/10 minute walk from there. 

Or a few hours of you had been to a beach party and had to walk back up all those steps. 

Truly a lovely beach though, but the property prices do reflect that sadly, nothing much under 7 figures now. 

So, an update and initial impressions, following a rendezvous with dozeydustman in Portsmouth we were on our way for an overnight stop in Bournemouth, a meal out and a wonder on the beach. Today visited friends in Salisbury and headed for home, about 230 miles covered all in.

All went well, barring an issue with locking which I reckon is a lazy actuator, weirdly it self locks when driving fine.. Also threw an eml when giving it the beans joining a motorway, will read and delete the code tomorrow and see if it comes back, could do with some bushes and droplinks on the front-end and some rear tyres..

Currently contemplating whether to start doing some little jobs or just use it while I fix the C4GP and then move it on...

Whatever we've had a fun weekend, met a fellow Shiter and I've got a Saab for cheeps, I is a winnar!

cec5462b9f0940320f4e66d2a43b04f6.jpg

Done a bit of Saab tinkering this evening, fixed the clunking check strap on the passenger door and cleaned the scuttle drain which was well bunged up with old leaves that had turned into compost, a thorough clean out will stop the water which has been coming into the footwells, next time around tackle the central locking, i've noticed the bonnet switch is broken, could that be affecting the locking?

Also popped to the garage in the Mazda who welded on a new exhaust hanger for me while I waited.

Smoll FL has had a Black Box fitted to the C3 and will be driving gingerly for the next 12 months!

Saab tinkering scuppered this morning due to a flat battery, hope it's down to a light being left on rather than the battery being knackered...

Did have time to take the door panel off and disconnect the door lock / actuator but no dice in finding the cause of the non locking, any Saab lickers got any suggestions@Saabnut @Inspector Morose

When locking from the key they lock and bounce back up, when starting they lock and stay locked... Help!

You really need to get it on a Tech II as that will give you the errors and probably what is causing it. Not much use to you I am afraid, but having my own Tech II these are a help rather than a hinderance, not sure who down your way has one but there is a list of Tech II owners on UKSaabs.
Cheers I've been meaning to sign up.

@Floatylight the battery was put on February/March last year, I’ll see if I can find the e-mail receipt from Tayna and will forward to you (I thought I had included the paper one).

The bonnet switch is something to do with the alarm and central AFAIK and I think it was the cause of a previous (but different) door lock issue I had about 3 years ago. TBH as the car was largely garaged from June this year it was normally left unlocked.

Had a stroke of genius* earlier and thought if I disconnect each door loom switch I should be able to find which door is holding off the locking but no change on any of them infact at this point the driver's side has stopped working at all but that may be because I've got the rest of the door card loom disconnected ..

Okaaayyyyyy, fwit of the highest order alert, I have solved the locking issues.

Issue 1 - collected car in a rush, I remember Dozeydustman saying something about the key, blah blah, new car etc..

Issue 2 - I iz a idiot, note the lock button clearly identified on the replacement key case..

Pressing the lock button resolves the unable to lock issue as opposed to repeatedly pressing the unlock button....

I feels stoooopid 0627d2e6d045d2d58f96f96272d2f673.jpg521dfc3e9f9face0e197adeea8ee741c.jpg

Bit of tinkering with the C4GP today, took the temp probe.put of the dpf and squirted an aerosol of cleaner straight in, refitted the sensor, ran up for 15 mins, went for 30min drive as per instructions, has it worked? Time will tell, supposed to driving to Norwich & back tomorrow but currently feel like death warmed up, we'll see in the morning...

Bit of tinkering with the C4GP today, took the temp probe.put of the dpf and squirted an aerosol of cleaner straight in, refitted the sensor, ran up for 15 mins, went for 30min drive as per instructions, has it worked? Time will tell, supposed to driving to Norwich & back tomorrow but currently feel like death warmed up, we'll see in the morning...

Still felt awful this morning and in no way fit to drive 400 miles but did drive around the town a bit, happy to report no warnings, turbo working and seems to be running smoother so I'm calling that job jobbed and declare that this stuff is not snake oil and provides an easy fix, particularly on the 1.6hdi where it takes 2mins to get access to apply..fa41a7a38df6425c17e15fed642424ba.jpg

Still felt awful this morning and in no way fit to drive 400 miles but did drive around the town a bit, happy to report no warnings, turbo working and seems to be running smoother so I'm calling that job jobbed and declare that this stuff is not snake oil and provides an easy fix, particularly on the 1.6hdi where it takes 2mins to get access to apply..fa41a7a38df6425c17e15fed642424ba.jpg

Update:-
C4GP - Problem not solved DPF still blocked, next stop take it out and give it a proper clean out..

Saab - Took the boost pressure sensor put and gave it a good clean, was pretty gummed up, weather permitting will check the pipework tomorrow, tax it and go for a drive,nsee if it's improved, also diagnose front suspension clonk.

Mazda 3 - Hesitation has returned, seems worse when damp, need to investigate coil packs which seem the obvious cause..

Ungrateful Saab swine!

Cleaned the MAP sensor, refitted some intercooler pipework, replaced a jubilee clip, cleared ECU codes, taxed it, went out and put half a tank of fuel and was just out for a quick drive and I looked in the mirror and saw clouds of black smog under acceleration, so got to assume still got some intercooler / pipework issues...

Ho hum ...

Keep an eye on the oil level! When my DPF failed (someone* may* have removed the innards with a broom handle) it did the clag thing but oil level increased. It was trying to re-gen the none existant DPF and it had to be mapped out.
That's a good point, I'll check tomorrow, think it deffo needs an intercooler there's oil dripping out the bottom of it..@dozeydustman can you confirm the dpf still has its innards?

I've cleared the last code which was P0105 which related to the map sensor and it hasn't come back, but now very smokey.

Tbh it's getting a close call whether to carry on or offer it back up for cheeps /cheap roffle..527453c22dc9e7c914103809810ba18d.jpg