Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..

Floatylight

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wonder whether the car wants some new shoes and this is a message. Annoying all the same and I have a feeling a tyre reinflator kit will put things to rights.
Rear two are getting close but was hoping to eek these out for another few months, hate using the squirty kits unless an emergency..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs FL and I have had a fabulous weekend away in South Wales, 430 miles over the weekend avoiding motorways in the Mazda, great day on Saturday in Camerthen followed by a visit to Langland Bay, best drive was yesterday from Glenneath to Bridgend over the top of the mountains, fabulous road with loads of switchbacks, great fun.. although I think the Mazda's down on power a bit due to a Duff coilpack..

Also spotted a lovely Marina and an absolutely hanging Vectrad1f25c3cd893dcdb80884ab9c526af8e.jpg5ad59005ed499ca5c95470743aee9922.jpgb994b3669a48aabbc0edc8714802a993.jpg

0beaaf87d978cbef5884eadb71d9669e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:-

C3 now MOT'd after rear brakes being stripped cleaned and reassembled - Total cost £73

C4GP pending call from mechanic, looking like castellated nut on the end of the turbo shaft has come undone and bounced up and down the aim intake smashing into the turbo blades, contemplating decent turbo, cheap eBay recon or the bridge, decisions decisions..

Update on the C4GP looks like the DPF has blocked, turbo may be on its way out.

Contemplating options but cheap option is to knock the innards out of the dpf and program it out.. Anyone got the software to do this in the Midlands?

Alternatively looking at buying a new dpf from online automotive.

May just WBAC it..

(Advice welcomed)

In other news WBOD incoming in a week or so..28fa6024a4cf14677eeaabccfd766b1f.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights's Family Fleet (Advice sought)

Fleet update:-

Ownership of C3 now handed to Smoll FL, needs a service and sump replacement and a bit of paint after rust remedy.

C4 GP parked at the end of the street in disgrace with blocked DPF, tried some Esso Supreme and a bottle of Cataclean in it and driving to Nottingham and back in 4th up and down the A50 but no improvement, seems to go into limp mode and kill the turbo, next stage get the DPF off and soak & pressure wash it or knock the innards out..

Questions:- has anyone had success cleaning them? Anyone got the software to program it out?

Mazda 3 Sport, exhaust hangar broke and seems like a slight exhaust blow, occasional slight hesitation.

Plans underway for an epic collection caper at the weekend to fill the insurance slot vacated by the C3 and become daily until C4GP is fixed/scrapped, caper will involve Mrs FL& I, 5 hours on a Megabus and a hotel by the sea, stay tooned for Sat AM..